How Do You Make An Object Non Hit-able In Blender?

BigfootFanTV

Question

Hello, I am currently making a track. In this track I have turning poles that I want to have not be able to hit, but be able to drive through them This way when someone is turning they don't get stopped dead in their tracks by these turning poles. If anyone knows how to make an object non hit-able that would be very grateful.

9 answers to this question

All you have to do is edit the ODEF file of the items you want to be non-collideable. They usually look like this:

Charlotte2014.mesh
1.0, 1.0, 1.0

beginmesh
mesh Charlotte2014.mesh
stdfriction snow
endmesh

end

To make it non-collideable take out everything from "beginmesh" to "endmesh".

All you have to do is edit the ODEF file of the items you want to be non-collideable. They usually look like this:

Charlotte2014.mesh
1.0, 1.0, 1.0

beginmesh
mesh Charlotte2014.mesh
stdfriction snow
endmesh, 

end

To make it non-collideable take out everything from "beginmesh" to "endmesh".

But that would make the entire mesh non-collideable.  If I only wanted a few things to be non-collideable would I have to export it as a seperate mesh, and use a seperate ODEF file?  

So 2 Material, Odef, Mesh, Terrn, CFG and XML file?  One would be collideable and the second would be non-collideable? 

Just the 2 material, mesh, and odef files. Each non-collideable bit(s) will have their own mesh, material, and odef file.

On 10/19/2014 at 6:50 PM, Gabe2304 said:

Just the 2 material, mesh, and odef files. Each non-collideable bit(s) will have their own mesh, material, and odef file.

hey sorry for bumping this thread up but when i export what i want non collidable would i export it with the full thing after you exported it seperate, do i need to select it with everything else when i export?