Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

That was in Tacoma not Toronto. And the truck was parked briefly, and Time Flys made its appearance. The same truck that had the incident made a reappearance as Fired Up.

g9RPW.jpg

And the other sad part is that I myself can name 5 deaths that came from a monster truck.

Well lets see there was the kid getting hit by parts, Mexico last year, George Eisenhart, someone at a car crush i believe in the past few years, I think the old truck Chicken Thunder(or some name like that) landed in the crowd once.. so i mean yea. Killing people or not, they still need to shut trucks off when they roll so people arent giving the truck hell and possibly shooting something into the crowd.

And the only truck that I know that has killed someone was I belive in Toronto or one of those Canadian cities. We're like they part of the chasis flew off and hit a kid. But that truck was disabled from monster jam and merger came back. And something flying off a truck and hitting someone is rare. It's like riding a roller coaster and dying very rare. Monster jam has a lot of safer parts on the truck to keep from the drive shaft and other stuff flying out.

What happened in Toronto was a few years ago (2010?) When something flew into the stands and damaged some of the seats (no one was injured), causing some of the people attending the Sunday show to have their seats changed. However as already stated the death was in Tacoma. 

tmnt is long gone, hasnt ran since they put Joey Parnell in Superman in like 2013

But FELD will usually still own the rights to a truck that they discontinued, as long as someone like DC or Marvel doesn't own rights to that name too. FELD owned the rights to TMNT until 2013, they owned USAF Afterburner until 2013, and they've owned the rights to Backwards Bob ever since its debut, even though the truck didn't run for 4-5 years. Same with Tasmanian Devil (which they still own the rights to) and Bulldozer (same with Taz). Depending on how you look at it, TMNT wasn't 'gone' until 2014.

But FELD will usually still own the rights to a truck that they discontinued, as long as someone like DC or Marvel doesn't own rights to that name too. FELD owned the rights to TMNT until 2013, they owned USAF Afterburner until 2013, and they've owned the rights to Backwards Bob ever since its debut, even though the truck didn't run for 4-5 years. Same with Tasmanian Devil (which they still own the rights to) and Bulldozer (same with Taz). Depending on how you look at it, TMNT wasn't 'gone' until 2014.

Feld doesn't own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles name because they weren't the ones to come up with that name and copyright it. Same with US Air Force Afterburner. The US Air Force title sponsored that truck, similar to Grinder and Blue Thunder (before Ford dropped sponsorship in 2010). The TMNT name and body retired after the 2012 season concluded and Joey Parnell went on to pilot the same chassis but with the Superman body on it. However, Tasmanian Devil and Bulldozer is fully owned by Feld and as far as I know, they could use those names if they wanted to. But other money making names are in circulation now.