Any tips to improve myself at driving in ROR?

Vaxen

Question

When I play ROR, I have lots of difficulties to keep control of my truck, I do lots of crashes, difficulties to turn my truck, etc. But when I watch some of Sim-Monsters events that were recorded, I see that no one are having the same problems as me. But I also feel like the physics used are different. Are there any ways to improve myself at driving in ROR? Thanks.

As cliche as it is going to sound, practice, practice and more practice. I have been around since this whole deal began back in 2008/9. Out of all those years I have qualified into maybe 20 events or so. Anytime your bored or have down time just boot up ROR and play around. Try to get comfortable and experiment with the trucks to get a better feeling of how they drive.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Kozak. While i'm still a very bad driver compared to others, I feel that I have improved tremendously in the year that I've been playing this game. Another thing that helps is tuning the truck. Even though I all I really know how to do is lower the ride height it can make a world of a difference, especially in a stock v4 truck.

• Upvote 1

Big question is are you using keyboard or controller/steering wheel? A controller or steering wheel gives you much faster steering and much better throttle control which allows you much more control driving the truck and being able to slide it better through turns. Most of the people you see in videos doing well are using a controller or Wheel

Thanks for the tips, guys! :)

Big question is are you using keyboard or controller/steering wheel? A controller or steering wheel gives you much faster steering and much better throttle control which allows you much more control driving the truck and being able to slide it better through turns. Most of the people you see in videos doing well are using a controller or Wheel

I am using a keyboard.

I use a keyboard. I tried the Xbox controller map and it was too sensitive for my taste. Maybe I could spend some time re-mapping the controls and giving it another shot.

Yeah at first i didnt like it either and went back to keyboard thinking it was to sensitive but after giving it a second shot and getting use to it i hate driving with a keyboard now when i have to

When I used keyboard I struggled turning and saving my truck. The turning would only ease in and take a second to actually fully work which I didn't like (might have just been the RoR version I was using but I didn't like it.) When I got a controller I could actually make a tight and fast turn. It does take time to get used to however since the controls are more sensitive. But it will benefit you to use a controller or wheel

I have used both a contoller and keyboard, the keyboard takes a long time to get good with, i played around for about 2 years before joining any leagues using it, but i bought a cheap xbox controller and yes at first it was waaay to sensitive but i just kept using it and i eventually got used to it, i think  the more you use any givin set up u can get good. all three options work well, u just need to put the time in to practice.