Making realistic trucks.

Sonuvadiggerrocks

My turn, there are so many possibilities to making trucks more realistic, but the problem is, Rigs of Rods can't handle the super detailed trucks, barely anyone on this site can run multiple of my Max D's before Rigs of Rods runs out of memory. Yea there are other game engines, but who really want to try to do it? Especially for 150+ trucks. Klayton and I have tried with .38 on the Lucas Oil Crusader, but the suspension got messed up, grip was different, etc. There would have to be a lot of work to be put into it. I mean we spent over 3 months, barely getting the truck in .38, imagine doing it on a new Engine. Also the only way to get a "realistic truck" is to literally spend months working on it, getting everything made just for that one truck. I mean that's what I do now, Overbored took me a bit, but I tried to get that thing to look as real as possible. I could have added a lot more parts to it, but here is where the other issues comes in, not everyone has a computer to run these "Super" trucks. Barely can even run the Max D's or Overbored, adding even more would just limit to the few that can. Now with those things on the "smoke" "fire", there really isn't a need for it, you can't really make a truck's engine catch fire at random, yea car's can do it in ROR, but that's because the engines aren't really protected like engines are in Monster Trucks. Smoke isn't needed either, only trucks i see have "smoke" is Airdog and XDP. Other than that, trucks really don't smoke when they run. 

Sonuvadiggerrocks, on 29 Dec 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

I'm sire we can make realistic trucks but I don't think the person that could do it would be from sim monsters. I think it would be someone from rigs of rods website that knows how to do type of stuff.

Now really? Bit rude I would say... I've been putting tons of hours on trucks I release on here. And I try to make the most realistic trucks on this site, now I can't do anything, but I do my best haha. Also Rigs of Rods people aren't that much better, the majority release their vehicles, with photo shopped parts, and etc. Heck barely any can make a decent body on there, only a few can make really nice quality content like it is here.

To continue on, no one here really has the time to do so, and if they did, you would be waiting a very long time, before the "perfect truck" that you want comes out. Everyone has other things on their lives, other than Rigs of Rods, so you can't really expect major things unless a team tries to do it, same on the Rigs of Rods forums, no one there does this for an actual living, it more of hobby, like it is here.  

personnlly in my opinion RockCrwlr and  acdc make the best looking trucks andrew makes the best bodies and there are a few other great people out there but i found out its better just not to ask all of them as far as i know are working on a truck or track so that may be why another thing is they have lives / and are already working on the trucks it just takes time 

I known I shoudnt have even brought this topic up. I didn't won't this turn out like some big argument. And I wasn't calling your work pointless you guys do great work I said that some one that knows how to add smoke effects give it a shot. That why I said some one from ror forum because I didn't know if any of you guys knew how to do that. But I'm telling you the truth I dudnt mean to make any of you mad so im sorry if affected you and made your work sound like it was pointless. I didn't mean for any of this to sound bad and I'm sorry if you got mad at me.

Here's my thing: It's been realistic this, more realistic that, but what the hell happened to just having fun? Seriously not only in this community but many others it's more about realism than just having fun playing the game

That.

I think that's the reason why I lost so much interest in making content. It became more of a chore to make content as best as possible. I've set my standards on personal content too high that it just wore me out completely.

• Upvote 7

Wouldnt breakables trucks lag online play?

Well I can remember the first batch of breakables, the tires would break off but they would still have power going to them. Any time there is mesh deformation (tires or coils on shocks) the game has to calculate it. I know most people average somewhere around 20-50% FPS drop when using trucks with coilover shocks vs trucks without them. This is also the reason that V4 trucks have shocks shafts missing or semicoloned out. That alone saved people 10-15fps.

Thus the balancing act of having detail but trying to keep it so the majority of people can use it.

about the fps issues, if your having them then you must be on a pos pc. My laptop runs this game on full settings and I get great FPS. IMO we shouldn't limit what we can do just because some people can't upgrade their setup...

But ya the content on this site is great, if anyone has a problem with it then they can make their own truck pack..... I mean name one other pack that is as close to the SM trucks....

• Upvote 1

When is the v5 pack coming out? 1 YEAR? 5 YEARS? 10 YEARS? 20 YEARS? 40 YEARS?

Oh God, not this again ...

Anyway, I think it's kinda interesting how some people want more realistic trucks. Compared to every other monster truck game available, RoR tops them all and comes with numerous advantages such as it is open source and it's free. The ability to create and modify is what has hooked me to this game and community. Want a truck made? Check the freaking tutorial section or oh, I dunno, Google and learn how to use Blender. It's fairly easy and it gives you the power to benefit the community with your content and the more you practice, the better you're content can become. In my opinion, this is as realistic as it gets.

#AsRealisticAsItGets

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...