"GraveDiggerredflare" Error and White Tire Fixes

Helen Weales

Question

Hello,

I've updated this to make it more brief.

GraveDiggerredflare Error

Notice the error actually says it is missing "GraveDiggerredflare.material", not "GraveDiggerredflare.dds". This happens for two reasons:

1. There is a flare (lights) section in the .truck file when it's likely not needed (unless your truck has lights). Delete this section from the .truck file. This flare section is telling RoR to use GraveDiggerredflare.dds when it is not needed.
  2. It is asking for a material file because RoR needs to know how to use the GraveDiggerredflare.dds texture, in which the material tells RoR it is an alpha texture.

Basically, one of two things can be done to prevent this error:

1. Include the files in this archive in your truck archive/folder, or
  2. Edit every .truck file and remove the flare section. A section in a .truck file can also be canceled out by adding a semicolon (;) before each line. In this case, nothing with the name "GraveDiggerredflare" is needed.

In the future, I think it would be a good idea if new truck releases had this section removed (unless the truck has lights) just to prevent errors.

White Wheel Fix

This file seems to be a transparent image that makes the wheel boundary invisible -- without the texture tires appear white.

In order for tires to not appear white, GraveDiggerBand.dds is required in every truck archive/folder. The .dds properties also have to be within a material file associated with the truck you are using -- it doesn't matter which. Including the files in this archive should resolve any issues. If you do not want an extra material file, the following can by copied/pasted into any material file associated with a truck:

material GraveDiggerBand
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            scene_blend alpha_blend
            alpha_rejection greater 128
            texture_unit
            {
                texture GraveDiggerBand.dds
            }
        }
    }
}

On a side note, just in case anyone is wondering (for those of us with OCD), GraveDiggerBand.dds can be renamed to anything as long as it's updated in the .truck file (use find and replace, it's there five times), and in the material file that contains its properties. You can also simply create a new material file in case you don't want to update multiple truck material files within one location. For example, if GraveDiggerBand.dds is renamed to WheelBand.dds, create a material file called WheelBand.material and put the .dds file properties within:

material WheelBand
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            scene_blend alpha_blend
            alpha_rejection greater 128
            texture_unit
            {
                texture WheelBand.dds
            }
        }
    }
}

A bit confusing at first but it's actually quite simple. Hope this helps.

-HW

How do I know which files need to be in each zip? Its happening on every single truck I download not in the smv4 pack

Trial and error is the best method for fixing these errors. I usually start with whatever RoR is telling me I'm missing, which usually leads to another error...

I'm not sure why there are not rules against uploading trucks here without all of the necessary parts for them to function separately from the SMV4 pack. It IS possible, and adding new trucks to the (already massive) pack is a bit silly and causes a gigantic mess if you ever want to delete a certain truck.