NHRA Drag Racing Thread

Jon Cannon

I'm tired of not having one.

So coming out of the 2014 season, the champions in the pro classes were: Andrew Hines in Pro Stock Motorcycle, Erica Enders-Stevens in Pro Stock, Matt Hagan in Funny Car, and Tony Schumacher in Top Fuel.

Now rolling into the 2015 season, with only 2 events currently done, with the Gator-Nationals coming up this weekend, there have been some interesting changes from last season.

First, and my favorite, former Pro Stock Wheelman and tree wizard Dave Connolly has stepped out of a Pro Stock after starting his career in the pro categories in 2003, and driving a car for Shane and Jonathan Gray the last 2 years. He is now driving a Top Fuel Car out of the Bob Vandergriff camp, Larry Dixon being Dave's teammate, and Larry running his first full season in years. 

Connolly_CJ.jpg?resize=660%2C400

381-2015preseason-daveconnolly.jpg

Another huge story is the 2013 Top Fuel Champion, Shawn Langdon, who has lost all sponsorship from Al-Anabi Racing, leaving Shawn and crew chief Alan Johnson, whom has won numerous champions with many different Top Fuel teams, to try and run as much of the season as they possibly can, or until they can get a good sponsorship. Shawn and Alan won the season opener in Pomona this year.

shawn-langdon-3-700-winternationals.jpg?

And finally, Drew Skilman, who is known for being very successful in Stock and Super Stock, made his Pro Stock debut as Erica Enders-Stevens's teammate, making it to the finals in Pomona. He is already showing exceptional reaction times in Pro Stock, even for his first race out.

F038_206_Skillman.jpg

Ok, now I want fellow drag racing fans to post here and discuss and be happy. 

I like watching drag racing when it's 3AM and I can't sleep and I'm too lazy and/or in pain to get up and take some sleepy meds. It's crazy how fast they go but I want them run a full lap with every car in the season at the Nurburgring.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...