I have returned... Sort of...

RowanTheDodo

So yeah, how should I start this off?

My name is Rowan, and I used to lurk/post on this site way back the Sim-Monsters community started. Around like 2012, I somewhat lost interest in monster trucks, so I wasn't that active, until now. After getting a little bored of League of Legends and other games, I decided to re-download Rigs of Rods, and it was nice to play it again.

I hope to actually get more involved in the community again, because I did enjoy it 'back in the day'.

PS: Sorry for any bad grammar, blame it on English not being my first language.

Ah yes, I remember you both.  I was also about to ask what has changed in the last few years, haha.

Well let me try and remember it all. Basically Sim-Monsters no longer runs an official league like it use to. Instead it is a hub where leagues are hosted. Some of the big named leagues are SMRA (a budget league), Summer Stadium Racing Series (SSRS), and Monsters of Rigs of Rods (MROR). A lot has changed with the quality of the content. Textures are bigger and more detailed and models have become more detailed as well. You can go through the download section and see. Not sure if you were around when V4 was released, but that is the latest official pack Sim Monsters has at the moment.

I lost interest just after the V4 release, so I've played around with it, and I do remember Sim-Monsters stopping with the league and letting others host their leagues. I'm honestly not that much into playing in a league myself, but I'm more interested in like commentating over something like they do on TV, but I'll take a look around the hub, and maybe it'll change my mind.

I also really like how much the content has improved quality-wise. I really want to try my hand at making some stuff once I have time off now.

I lost interest just after the V4 release, so I've played around with it, and I do remember Sim-Monsters stopping with the league and letting others host their leagues. I'm honestly not that much into playing in a league myself, but I'm more interested in like commentating over something like they do on TV, but I'll take a look around the hub, and maybe it'll change my mind.

I also really like how much the content has improved quality-wise. I really want to try my hand at making some stuff once I have time off now.

Awesome. The tutorial section is packed with useful information. If you have any questions on making content, feel free to ask on here or you can shoot me a PM.

No offense, but why do i not remember you? Anyways, many of us have finally pushed members to add detail to their content. Content quality (including mine) have increased tenfold. The community has been improving ever since V4.