Hot Wheels Monster Trucks

bkelly

I've always been a bit of a collector for the 1:64 Monster Jam trucks that Hot Wheels makes ( I have over 150), and I'd like to know some of the favorite trucks you guys got. I think that it would be cool to also use this thread for posting any rare or limited edition coming out and any 'developments' with the series.

Some of my favorites include my 2002 trucks (King Krunch, Thrasher) and my 2003 trucks (Batmobile, Chrome Maximum Destruction, and Bounty Hunter). Some of my rare trucks include the 2013 Limited Edition 10th Anniv. Max-D and the 2014 Halloween Grave Digger.

Here's a tough question for you guys: Do you prefer the 2014 Action Figures or the 2015 Battle Slammers?

Just did some looking on Amazon and the World Finals 15 Avenger, Dragon, and World Finals 15 have all been released as new trucks/designs for this year:

$_12.JPG51OYywZ3VoL.jpg

I'll have to get Dragon at some point, it looks really cool. 

I truly stopped 'collecting' around 2013, but I got all the limited edition trucks. 

Both of the addons of this year and 2014 are sh*t in my opinion (even though they're meant for kids, they're still cheesy). I gotta agree with TruckGuy, in 2010 when the trucks came with the flags was definitely the best. My 2nd choice would probably be 2012, where they came with the collector's cards (at least in Canada, where the trucks now come with nothing).

I started to really collect in 2010, so I have a few flags myself. The crush cars weren't bad, altough my favs are flags and topps cards. My favorite addon is the Double Duos aswell. The Batman double dou is the best. I think that battle slammers are just stupid and weren't thought out.

Haven't bought one in two years and that was the 2011 US Air Force Afterburner when I finally found it at Monster Jam in Providence. Paid $10, but I'd wanted one and never found the non-muddy version in stores. 2007 Captain's Curse is the only one I have that's still packaged. Gotta find the 2007 Grave Digger 25th Anniversary 2-pack at some point. I have one, but the box fell apart and it's taped together. Hopefully I can find Dragon and Doom's Day, but I doubt I will based on the number of Grave Diggers hanging on the pegs.

Monster Mutt Mail-In. This one is pretty cool. From what I've heard, the truck has an actual 'texture', and overall just looks fantastic. Anyone remember the Bars Leaks Eliminator from 2010? I have it with the flag, really surprised I found it, even more   surprised that Hot Wheels made it. Also Danny I found a pic of the new Doom's Day in the box with a battle slammer, so it has been released. 

msbv9fZoLHCh29dC1Dwkuwg.jpg     

How much could I get for an unboxed Nitro Machine?

I think it migth depend on the condition it is Tom, some stuff buys real well without the package if it's in a well condition;) Im interested on it but shipping to Mexico is not cheap...

List time, dear god do I have quite a few.

• Blacksmith (minus a RR)
  • Grave Digger 30th Purple
  • El Toro Spectraflame
  • Batman
  • Stone Crusher (travel tires)
  • Bounty Hunter (muddy)
  • Lucas Oil Crusader
  • Avenger
  • Avenger WF11
  • The Monster Bus
  • Tropical Thunder
  • Monster Mutt Dalmation
  • Grave Digger (2004?)
  • Grave Digger (2010?)
  • Predator
  • War Wizard
  • Madusa WF11
  • Shock Therapy
  • Taz
  • Captain's Curse (muddy)
  • USAF Afterburner
  • Screamin' Demon
  • THW Firestorm

So yeah, I've been collecting for a while.