Hot Wheels Monster Trucks

bkelly

I actually have a lot of the 1:64 scales well over 100 and a lot of rare ones (including the first Grave Digger, Sting, Nitro Machine, and I had Goldberg at one point but it broke and I gave it away, Old Spiderman, Both Wolverines, Robots, GD 20th Anniversary, Ninja Blade, Vette King, Snow Hawk, Haulin' Heat, Monster Bus, Super Trucker, Team Meents, the Chrome Max-D, Grave Digger, El Toro, and some other chrome truck, among a bunch of others.) I collected from like 2000-2009 or 2010 and sporadically got trucks I'm thinking of getting more.

3 1:24 scales (Nitemare Express, Monster Mutt, Blue Thunder)

And probably 20 1:43 scales

You...you had a..Goldberg. You too have a chrome Max-D. Is it the 2003 one? (I believe). I found it at the local Flea Market. I am pretty certain that there's a chrome green 2003 Digger floating out there. I also have a Super Trucker. I have the GD 20th Anniversary that was released in 2012 in a 30th Anniv. Pack.

You...you had a..Goldberg. You too have a chrome Max-D. Is it the 2003 one? (I believe). I found it at the local Flea Market. I am pretty certain that there's a chrome green 2003 Digger floating out there. I also have a Super Trucker. I have the GD 20th Anniversary that was released in 2012 in a 30th Anniv. Pack.

Yeah man I did! I was like 4 or 5 so I started getting them as they came out and yeah I have all the chrome trucks from 2003 its a silver Max-D, green Grave Digger, red El Toro, and blue Blue Thunder. I was a little kid for like most of the ones I got so I honestly had no idea a lot of them were rare until later on.

• 1 month later...

Time for an update! The new Barbarian is out, and it's looking amazing. Crusader is out, only change is the tires (which are now red) and the body has been switched to a different SUV body. Mega Bite has also been released (no changes). New Batman has also been released (has an updated body) and Shock Therapy has been released in the World Finals Stunt Pack (Shock Therapy has a different body as well)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

what do you guys like better 

trading cards or flags 

the flags are cool but the trading cards are to underrated 

and am i the only one that likes the little figures that came with the truck in 2014

17 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

what do you guys like better 

trading cards or flags 

the flags are cool but the trading cards are to underrated 

and am i the only one that likes the little figures that came with the truck in 2014

I threw away the battle slammers and figures when I got the truck, there were very few good ones in 2014.  I love the flags and cards.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this is a major bump, but I've recently gotten back into collecting and I wanted to revive this thread.

I've got more than 50 in my collection ranging in different sizes, but I've got about 15-20 in my perfection collection (no chips, scratches, or flaws). One of my prized possessions is the 2006 Grave Digger green ghost 1/24 scale truck. It was in beat up condition a few days ago, but today I took the time to fill in chips and worn-sticker white marks with black Sharpie and it looks good as new! I also have some goodies such as Avenger WF7 and WF9 (or WF8, the blue one), The Beast 1/43, old Jurassic Attack 1/43, and both versions of Grave Digger 25th (both in very poor condition, chipped and scratched like nothing else). Those are definitely on my wishlist along with the new Max-D's.

Anybody still collecting? It's been two months since the last post.

2 hours ago, Aeris Syrius said:

Sorry if this is a major bump, but I've recently gotten back into collecting and I wanted to revive this thread.

I've got more than 50 in my collection ranging in different sizes, but I've got about 15-20 in my perfection collection (no chips, scratches, or flaws). One of my prized possessions is the 2006 Grave Digger green ghost 1/24 scale truck. It was in beat up condition a few days ago, but today I took the time to fill in chips and worn-sticker white marks with black Sharpie and it looks good as new! I also have some goodies such as Avenger WF7 and WF9 (or WF8, the blue one), The Beast 1/43, old Jurassic Attack 1/43, and both versions of Grave Digger 25th (both in very poor condition, chipped and scratched like nothing else). Those are definitely on my wishlist along with the new Max-D's.

Anybody still collecting? It's been two months since the last post.

Neat collection! I'm at around 270 in the 1/64 scale. 

You have a 1/43 Beast? That's neat, I found one a few months ago at a flea market. I'm not sure how many are out there, but there's at least 2!

Most of my trucks are in perfect condition, however, there's a few I have that are in terrible condition, just because when I was a kid I played with them pretty rough and others had previous owners. I do keep any special editions, error trucks, older trucks,  or duplicates in their original casing.

I have around 10 1/24 and 1/43. I also have around 12 Hot Wheels cars.

It's always fun discussing collections with other collectors. 

Just now, bkelley said:

Neat collection! I'm at around 270 in the 1/64 scale. 

You have a 1/43 Beast? That's neat, I found one a few months ago at a flea market. I'm not sure how many are out there, but there's at least 2!

Most of my trucks are in perfect condition, however, there's a few I have that are in terrible condition, just because when I was a kid I played with them pretty rough and others had previous owners.

I have around 10 1/24 and 1/43. I also have around 12 Hot Wheels cars.

It's always fun discussing collections with other collectors. 

I thought the same thing (@discussing collections). But there's a couple 1/43 Beasts on eBay but they go for a hefty price of at least 20 dollars. I'm trying to get a 1/64 but they go for even more. Mainly because my 1/43 is in ugly condition, along with most of my other trucks because they were around in my terrible twos, terrifying threes, f-cked up fours, and so on. Now I'm a teen and I respect value and condition of the trucks. The same goes for all of my CDs. My parents still get on my case for destroying most of my property as a kid.

26 minutes ago, Aeris Syrius said:

I thought the same thing (@discussing collections). But there's a couple 1/43 Beasts on eBay but they go for a hefty price of at least 20 dollars. I'm trying to get a 1/64 but they go for even more. Mainly because my 1/43 is in ugly condition, along with most of my other trucks because they were around in my terrible twos, terrifying threes, f-cked up fours, and so on. Now I'm a teen and I respect value and condition of the trucks. The same goes for all of my CDs. My parents still get on my case for destroying most of my property as a kid.

I have a Prowler that has a body that can pop up (Under Coverz) and I beat the snot out of it growing up. I also have a Surf Monster with a body that comes off and a blue thunder missing a chassis. My Yu Gi Oh has bad paint chips all over, but I bought it that way. 

I bought my Beast for $5. 

1/64 Beasts at extremely rare, good luck finding one. I bought a used The Rock and Stone Cold for $26, but they are in excellent condition. I was also able to get Goldberg, Nitro, Sting, and Grave Digger (all in casing) in an eBay bid for $50 (Worth it considering I got each one for about $15).

Did your stores start randomly restocking the 2013 ones last year? And where do you shop at? My WalMarts are awful, one close to me didn't restock for about a month and only had Grave Diggers. The Targets, WalMarts, and Toys R Us stores all around me never have the good ones. Or I'm late and don't get em quick enough.

1 minute ago, bkelley said:

I have a Prowler that has a body that can pop up (Under Coverz) and I beat the snot out of it growing up. I also have a Surf Monster with a body that comes off and a blue thunder missing a chassis. My Yu Gi Oh has bad paint chips all over, but I bought it that way. 

I bought my Beast for $5. 

1/64 Beasts at extremely rare, good luck finding one. I bought a used The Rock and Stone Cold for $26, but they are in excellent condition. I was also able to get Goldberg, Nitro, Sting, and Grave Digger (all in casing) in an eBay bid for $50 (Worth it considering I got each one for about $15).

Did your stores start randomly restocking the 2013 ones last year? And where do you shop at? My WalMarts are awful, one close to me didn't restock for about a month and only had Grave Diggers. The Targets, WalMarts, and Toys R Us stores all around me never have the good ones. Or I'm late and don't get em quick enough.

I haven't shopped recently, but I know Wal Mart is always blown out over here because my dad works there. And there's 2 of them! They both suck for Monster Jam. I do most of my shopping online, because besides Wal Mart, we have no Toys r Us. It got bulldozed or shut down, I forget. When I was 9, I was window shopping and found the original 4 for like 10 dollars a piece, which was surprising. Less than 5 years later, they're at like a million dollars a piece. So consider yourself lucky. Do you have any of the anniversary Diggers and can I have them? Jk, but I'm curious.

I've got a pretty lengthy wish list, but besides the anniversary Diggers, do you have a Blacksmith 1/64? I have a 1/43 but 1/64 is like top priority for me.

53 minutes ago, Aeris Syrius said:

I haven't shopped recently, but I know Wal Mart is always blown out over here because my dad works there. And there's 2 of them! They both suck for Monster Jam. I do most of my shopping online, because besides Wal Mart, we have no Toys r Us. It got bulldozed or shut down, I forget. When I was 9, I was window shopping and found the original 4 for like 10 dollars a piece, which was surprising. Less than 5 years later, they're at like a million dollars a piece. So consider yourself lucky. Do you have any of the anniversary Diggers and can I have them? Jk, but I'm curious.

I've got a pretty lengthy wish list, but besides the anniversary Diggers, do you have a Blacksmith 1/64? I have a 1/43 but 1/64 is like top priority for me.

Hhhhmmm

For Anniversary Diggers:

-20th (2012 Release)

-25th (2012 Release)

-30th Black (x2)

-30th Purple

-30th Green

Also have GD Grim, Holiday, and Halloween

Yes I have a 1/64 Blacksmith. I believe that it is the 2003 release, the plain black one.

I have most 2011-2014s. Missing a few 2015's and haven't found many 2016s that are new. I have a good amount of 2000-2003, a couple 2004s-2009s and I'd say around 20-30 2010s.

I cannot recall the name of this mans website, but he has every truck ever made. He even has prototypes that weren't released to the public. He has some trucks from the same year that have slight differences. Like a Scooby with a black mouth and a Scooby with a dark brown mouth.

Someone above mentioned that this needs updated. Here we go:

I know that some of these trucks were for 2015 but they were never released that year, so I'll add them here.

New trucks for 2016 (so far):

-Pirate's Curse

-Titan

-Soldier Fortune

-Zombie Hunter

-Alien Invasion (I believe Hot Wheels has prototypes)

-Gas Monkey Garage (same deal with Alien)

Updated trucks:

-Avenger (WF 16 graphics)

-Shocked (Red graphics)

-Backdraft (New Mold)

-Crushstation (Updated Graphics, New Mold)

-Aftershock (Updated Graphics)

-Metal Mulisha (World Champion decals)

-Madusa (Pretty sure it's getting pink graphics)

-Grave Digger (Chrome Graphics, Green Graphics, assuming purple will be out soon, new mold)

-El Toro Loco (Orange instead of red)

-Max-D (New mold, red Max-D, assuming gold and yellow are to come)

Also new for this year is color treads - the trucks have colored tires, and stunt ramps,

Seeing as how Mattel is really pushing it to get new trucks out, I assume that we will finally see an Overkill Evolution. We are also still getting Marvel and DC trucks.