Hot Wheels Monster Trucks

bkelly

• 3 months later...

#bringthisthreadbackeventhoughithasonlybeenafewmonths

I collect a lot of hot wheels probably more than any of you guys (not to rev my own engine(GOD THAT WAS TERRIBLE)) but I have over 700 and am reaching 800 fast. I started collecting when I was 3. 10 years later I have over 700. I also have plenty of rare trucks in and out of the package (sadly they are out of the package). So a couple months ago me and my dad decided to make a massive wall shelf. It can hold 800 trucks.

19466415_1492169564160286_33502225583638

That photo was taken before I finished putting the trucks up. I also took down the 1:24th scales and put them away except for the boxed ones. they are on my desk.

19260253_1492170500826859_22707136967826

Sorry for it being a long post but I am just so excited that I found this.

• 1 year later...

Haven’t posted here in a while, but I recently went to Wal-Mart and found the new unbranded Hot Wheels monster trucks. They are basically the same as the Monster Jam ones besides the tires and rims, which are both bigger. Hot Wheels is carrying over the bodies and the chassis as well. They are also selling new variants of Mega-Wrex and they are also producing trucks with the Shark-Wreak body. 2018 ones come with a “collectible” wheel. The trucks all have cheesy names (no MJ licensing of course). For example, Case A includes Stars and Stripes, Boneshaker, Dairy Delivery, Test Subject, V8 Bomber, Hot Wheels Racing, Skeleton Crew, and Tiger Shark. Each truck also has a personalized case with a little information about the truck on the back of the case. Once I get home I’ll add some pictures. There’s also a few trucks not part of Case A that are being sold in double packs. 1:64, 1:43, and 1:24 scale trucks are all being sold with the new decals and branding.

Im pretty glad Hot Wheels is still producing these, even though they’re a little different. It’s cool how they’re kind of experimenting without MJ breathing down their necks. The only negative I have is that these new trucks are being marketed more towards play and crashing then; but I can’t really complain about that, they are meant for kids.

• 6 months later...

Man, shame this post is all but dead, I'd have thought more collectors would be all over this. I've been collecting most of my life and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-200 trucks(Been a while since I counted). Majority of those being from the HW MJ series, though I do have some rare goodies from the old Muscle Machines monster trucks(Both Monster Patrols, 2 Bearfoots, Bigfoot, Rampage, Raminator, Rammunition, and red Snakebite), and have started amassing the collection from the new Spin Master 1:64 line. 

I like the fact Spin Master makes the MJ trucks now, they're honestly vastly improved and really do look more realistic/accurate and they feel a lot sturdier in-hand. They also have scaled them properly and thus far have yet to ruin everything with chrome rims. I'm glad HW is continuing to produce trucks, though admittedly I'm just holding out for the Bigfoot 1:64's to make their debut. I'm hopeful more indy trucks make their way to the HW tour and wind up as die-casts, would love to see trucks we wouldn't normally be able to get with the MJ line.