Hot Wheels Monster Trucks

bkelly

On 8/11/2016 at 10:45 PM, litl_e_fan said:

There's a new tire mold featuring a raised BKT logo, a raised Hot Wheels logo, and a raised line around the sidewall. It's on Pirate's Curse in this picture.

qQsF4XU.jpg

why make a monster mutt dalmatian i mean i thank there is a balckout monster mutt and if there is there is no point they both look the same

Might aswell attempt to revive this thread, atleast try to. I have around 100 or so truck and have been collecting on and off for the past 10 years. Been getting back into it recently though. picked up a 2006 chrome green gravedigger for $15 on amazon

2 hours ago, Captain Potato said:

Might aswell attempt to revive this thread, atleast try to. I have around 100 or so truck and have been collecting on and off for the past 10 years. Been getting back into it recently though. picked up a 2006 chrome green gravedigger for $15 on amazon

same i got back into collecting them but stopped because i dont have the money but when i have money to spend ill buy abunch and start keeping them in packages 

• 3 months later...

Update on 2017 Monster Jam:

• Blackout (completely black trucks with red beadlocks)
    • 1/3 El Toro Loco
  • Chrome (chrome base with regular colored paint over body)
    • 1/7 Son Uva Digger
    • 2/7 Mohawk Warrior
    • 3/7 El Toro Loco
    • 4/7 Avenger
  • Color Treads (regular trucks with colored tires)
    • 2/7 Doom's Day (Red Tread)
  • Creatures
    • 1/10 El Toro Loco (Yellow)
    • 2/10 Predator
    • 3/10 Zombie Hunter
    • 4/10 El Toro Loco (Burgandy)
    • 5/10 Jurassic Attack (Green)
    • 7/10 Crushtation (Blue)
  • DC Heroes
    • None
  • Edge Glow (transparent, colored frames)
    • 1/4 Dragon (Green Frame)
    • 2/4 Batman (Blue Frame)
  • Epic Additions
    • 2/10 Soldier Fortune
    • 3/10 Grave Digger (Orange)
    • 4/10 Pirate's Curse
    • 5/10 Team Hot Wheels Firestorm (World Finals XVIII)
    • -/10 Gas Monkey Garage*
    • -/10 Alien Invasion*
  • Flashback (trucks with paints based on their historical roots)
    • 1/6 Hot Wheels
    • 2/6 Team Meents
    • -/6 Michigan Ice Monster*
  • Marvel Heroes
    • 1/3 Spiderman
    • 2/3 Iron Man
    • 3/3 Captain America
  • Dog Pound
    • 2/6 Scooby Doo!
  • Mud (trucks with mud decorations on tires and body)
    • 1/7 Bad News Travels Fast x2
    • 2/7 Titan x2
    • 3/7 Thunder 4x4 x2
  • Tour Favorites
    • 1/10 Grave Digger
    • 2/10 NEA (Blue)
    • 3/10 Madusa (Chrome)
    • 4/10 Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
    • 5/10 Max-D (Grey)
    • 6/10 Avenger (Junkyard Blue)
  • X-Ray (transparent bodies and frames, bodies are detachable)
    • 1/4 Jester
    • 2/4 Shocker
  • Misc.
    • World Finals XVIII Commemorative Truck
  • Silver Collection (completely silver trucks)
    • Grave Digger
    • Max-D
    • Avenger
    • Mohawk Warrior
    • El Toro Loco
  • Target Exclusives
    • El Toro Loco (Burgandy)
    • Grave Digger
    • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
    • Max-D
    • Monster Mutt Rottweiler
    • Predator
  • Crush Cars
    • Grave Digger
    • Max-D (Grey)
    • Mohawk Warrior (Chrome)
    • Soldier Fortune
  • Demolition Doubles (2-packs of trucks)
    • Captain America v. Iron Man
    • Grave Digger v. El Toro Loco (Burgandy)
    • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm v. Hot Wheels
    • Mega-Wrex v. Jurassic Attack (Green)
    • Zombie (Yellow) v. Mohawk Warrior (Chrome)
    • Son Uva Digger (Chrome) v. Zombie Hunter
  • Smash Up Stadiums (5-packs of trucks)
    • Freestyle Champions
    • Racing Champions
  • Travel Treads (trucks with detachable wheels and travel trailers)
    • Dragon
    • Grave Digger
  • Sets
    • Brick Wall Breakdown
    • Sto N Go Arena
    • Front Flip Takedown
    • World Finals Stunt Pack
  • Tour Favorite Sets
    • 1/3 Avenger (Chrome), Grave Digger (Orange), Monster Mutt Rottweiler, Pirate's Curse
    • 2/3 El Toro Loco (Yellow), NEA (Blue), Team Hot Wheels Firestorm. Max-D (Grey)
    • 3/3 Grave Digger, Mohawk Warrior (Chrome), Megaladon? (unidentifiable shark truck), Northern Nightmare*

KEY:

* = confirmed but not yet released, i.e. listing showed on back of box

x# = multiple variants of truck i.e. BKT v. No BKT or Light Mud v. Heavy Mud

ALSO:

I'm developing a document for classic HW MJ Collectors. It's based on rarity and general price (packaged price being primary, loose if packaged not available). All results collected from eBay.

I've gotten up to the year 2006 in main releases. Special releases may come soon. Document is also subject to better organization once all years are done. Please tell me if you would like to see a release on this document that is not on here already. RARE TRUCK SUBMISSIONS ONLY!

For a general description of all trucks on this list, please visit brianzpatton.com and go to the year, then the truck, and click on that truck to get a better image viewing of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ZriiSG4UY4o0xJm-6T3g5uSdfr1JpPwAc57-SxbJPk/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun collecting!

Edited by Mr. Self Destruct
Added new trucks and ones I missed previously.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 5:49 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

ALSO:

I'm developing a document for classic HW MJ Collectors. It's based on rarity and general price (packaged price being primary, loose if packaged not available). All results collected from eBay.

I've gotten up to the year 2006 in main releases. Special releases may come soon. Document is also subject to better organization once all years are done. Please tell me if you would like to see a release on this document that is not on here already. RARE TRUCK SUBMISSIONS ONLY!

For a general description of all trucks on this list, please visit brianzpatton.com and go to the year, then the truck, and click on that truck to get a better image viewing of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ZriiSG4UY4o0xJm-6T3g5uSdfr1JpPwAc57-SxbJPk/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun collecting!

I love this idea. I'll help contribute some, don't worry, I'm an experienced collector (got serious in about 2010 and have around 300).

1 minute ago, bkelly said:

I love this idea. I'll help contribute some, don't worry, I'm an experienced collector (got serious in about 2010 and have around 300).

I kind of got inspired by Michael Zarnock's old Hot Wheels Collector Guides where he describes the truck and gives an accurate number on how much it'll cost. I'm probably gonna work on it some more later and get it more organized.

Just now, Mr. Self Destruct said:

I kind of got inspired by Michael Zarnock's old Hot Wheels Collector Guides where he describes the truck and gives an accurate number on how much it'll cost. I'm probably gonna work on it some more later and get it more organized.

Cool. I always wanted to make a price list of all of the trucks in my collection to get an idea of the worth (some of my trucks are in bad condition, so a mint-condition price obviously wouldn't go for a few of mine).

I also want to do more with this thread, so I think I'll do a weekly poll each Sunday. If it gets popular, then I'll keep polling!

Week 1: Favorite Addition?

Flag series | 2010: Each of the trucks sold in a single case came with a small flag designed specific to the truck. This series was also brought back for Grave Digger in 2012, Hot Wheels in 2013, and a Monster Jam flag in 2014 (this flag was sold with only a few trucks)/

Tattoo Series | 2011: Each truck sold in a single case came with a small card full of temporary tattoos, designed specific to the truck.

Topps Trading Card Series | 2012: Trucks came with a trading card for the truck they were sold with.

Crush Car Series | 2013: Trucks came with a small crush car that could break apart and clip back together.

Figure Series | 2014: Each truck came with a small figure that had the truck's color and logo on it.

Battle Ram Series | 2015: A small battling ram that could clip to the front of the truck was released with each truck. There were four designs, and each was colored specific to the truck it was sold with.

Ramp Series | 2016: Each truck came with a small ramp. There were four ramps, and each was randomly colored.

'Mini' Flag Series | 2017: Each truck comes with a small plastic flag that clips to the back of the truck. Each flag is designed specific to the truck.

My favorite is probably the 2010 Flag Series.

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2017 at 5:49 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Update on 2017 Monster Jam:

• Blackout (completely black trucks with red beadlocks)
    • 1/3 El Toro Loco
  • Chrome (chrome base with regular colored paint over body)
    • 1/7 Son Uva Digger
    • 2/7 Mohawk Warrior
    • 3/7 El Toro Loco
    • 4/7 Avenger
  • Color Treads (regular trucks with colored tires)
    • 2/7 Doom's Day (Red Tread)
  • Creatures
    • 1/10 El Toro Loco (Yellow)
    • 2/10 Predator
    • 3/10 Zombie Hunter
    • 4/10 El Toro Loco (Burgandy)
    • 5/10 Jurassic Attack (Green)
    • 7/10 Crushtation (Blue)
  • DC Heroes
    • None
  • Edge Glow (transparent, colored frames)
    • 1/4 Dragon (Green Frame)
    • 2/4 Batman (Blue Frame)
  • Epic Additions
    • 2/10 Soldier Fortune
    • 3/10 Grave Digger (Orange)
    • 4/10 Pirate's Curse
    • 5/10 Team Hot Wheels Firestorm (World Finals XVIII)
    • -/10 Gas Monkey Garage*
    • -/10 Alien Invasion*
  • Flashback (trucks with paints based on their historical roots)
    • 1/6 Hot Wheels
    • 2/6 Team Meents
    • -/6 Michigan Ice Monster*
  • Marvel Heroes
    • 1/3 Spiderman
    • 2/3 Iron Man
    • 3/3 Captain America
  • Dog Pound
    • 2/6 Scooby Doo!
  • Mud (trucks with mud decorations on tires and body)
    • 1/7 Bad News Travels Fast x2
    • 2/7 Titan x2
    • 3/7 Thunder 4x4 x2
  • Tour Favorites
    • 1/10 Grave Digger
    • 2/10 NEA (Blue)
    • 3/10 Madusa (Chrome)
    • 4/10 Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
    • 5/10 Max-D (Grey)
    • 6/10 Avenger (Junkyard Blue)
  • X-Ray (transparent bodies and frames, bodies are detachable)
    • 1/4 Jester
    • 2/4 Shocker
  • Misc.
    • World Finals XVIII Commemorative Truck
  • Silver Collection (completely silver trucks)
    • Grave Digger
    • Max-D
    • Avenger
    • Mohawk Warrior
    • El Toro Loco
  • Target Exclusives
    • Grave Digger
    • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm
    • Max-D
    • Monster Mutt Rottweiler
    • Predator
  • Crush Cars
    • Grave Digger
    • Max-D (Grey)
    • Mohawk Warrior (Chrome)
    • Soldier Fortune
  • Demolition Doubles (2-packs of trucks)
    • Captain America v. Iron Man
    • Grave Digger v. El Toro Loco (Burgandy)
    • Team Hot Wheels Firestorm v. Hot Wheels
    • Mega-Wrex v. Jurassic Attack (Green)
    • Zombie (Yellow) v. Mohawk Warrior (Chrome)
    • Son Uva Digger (Chrome) v. Zombie Hunter
  • Smash Up Stadiums (5-packs of trucks)
    • Freestyle Champions
    • Racing Champions
  • Travel Treads (trucks with detachable wheels and travel trailers)
    • Dragon
    • Grave Digger
  • Sets
    • Brick Wall Breakdown
    • Sto N Go Arena
    • Front Flip Takedown
    • World Finals Stunt Pack
  • Tour Favorite Sets
    • 1/3 Avenger (Chrome), Grave Digger (Orange), Monster Mutt Rottweiler, Pirate's Curse
    • 2/3 El Toro Loco (Yellow), NEA (Blue), Team Hot Wheels Firestorm. Max-D (Grey)
    • 3/3 Grave Digger, Mohawk Warrior (Chrome), Megaladon? (unidentifiable shark truck), Northern Nightmare*

KEY:

* = confirmed but not yet released, i.e. listing showed on back of box

x# = multiple variants of truck i.e. BKT v. No BKT or Light Mud v. Heavy Mud

ALSO:

Have fun collecting!

Just a crazy fact about the 03 chrome special digger, I bought it on amazon last year for around $15, the fact it goes for $100 is actually crazy, anyways good luck making your list

37 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

Just a crazy fact about the 03 chrome special digger, I bought it on amazon last year for around $15, the fact it goes for $100 is actually crazy, anyways good luck making your list

I actually bought the Green Ghost 2006 Digger on eBay for around 35 packaged (won a dead auction) when it normally goes for over a hundred. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Irishbulldog422 said:

12 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

I actually bought the Green Ghost 2006 Digger on eBay for around 35 packaged (won a dead auction) when it normally goes for over a hundred. Thanks!

Here's some interesting stuff about me and small hubs.

I bought the chrome Max-D from 03 for around $25. Got it at a flea market. I also spent $27 once there on 16 small hub trucks in near-perfect condition. I also bought the Goldberg, Sting, Digger, and Nitro set for $50 in an eBay bid.

2 hours ago, bkelly said:

Here's some interesting stuff about me and small hubs.

I bought the chrome Max-D from 03 for around $25. Got it at a flea market. I also spent $27 once there on 16 small hub trucks in near-perfect condition. I also bought the Goldberg, Sting, Digger, and Nitro set for $50 in an eBay bid.

I guess buying the original 4 for 50 bucks is better than spending 25-30 on each one like I had planned on doing. Honestly the only 2 I want out of the original 4 are Nitro Machine and Sting.

My prized possessions

Nitro Machine (Favourite truck, along with Infreno

dDC8Oqp.jpg

Wolverine, because my dad named me after him

q1lpXdF.jpg

My first eBay purchase

3w7FOTe.jpg

WFV Avenger variant w/ hood thing

pOSMMdQ.jpg

Xot4fYC.jpg

WFX Avenger

eMKwMSD.jpg

And a 2000 Grave Digger whose wheels i replaced due to the front axle being very bent and a rear tire ripped off

6LR2CAW.jpg

I used to have a 25th Ann. Digger, red Max-D, black 25th Ann. Digger, the chrome Grimm Digger, the X-Raycers Hot-Wheels and blue Skate A Zoid, but I left some of my collection at my uncle's house, and when I went to pick it up, all that was left was the orange Avenger, two 2005 Digger's and a Shoxx Avenger. >n< Lost half my collection because of him.