Show Your Projects Chapter 41

Warwizard

I echo Devin's thoughts on Showstopper, simple, clean, and looks professional; just a nice design all around.

And what can be said about Brassy that hasn't been said already? It truly is a beast in every sense of the word. 

• Upvote 1

Hey look what i found

I don't see why everyone is complaining about lag, it looks really low detail, very few rounded edges and most cylinders are under 12 verts each. Most of the detail work seems to be in the textures and shading... Something we seem to be missing here... It looks nice.

I don't see why everyone is complaining about lag, it looks really low detail, very few rounded edges and most cylinders are under 12 verts each. Most of the detail work seems to be in the textures and shading... Something we seem to be missing here... It looks nice.

it's how actual game models are made these days, make an uber highpoly mesh and bake it down to an uber lowpoly mesh, with normal maps doing all the work. Only put geo in where it affects the silluette, normal maps work incredibly well if you're not at an angle to see that the object is actually flat. I didn't even have the normal maps applied properly in those images and it still looked pretty good. Don't even have to split edges, since the normals dictate all of it, which felt weird at first. PBR makes life so easy

d64e567c46.jpg

here's the high next to the low, all fully rigged and poo. High is about five million faces, low is about 80k. then i got individual Zbrush sculpts for the mechanics and cage that are about 20 million each, but those don't really count

• Upvote 3

More work done on this stadium

You've come along way that looks really good.  Only thing I would suggest is use a new crowd texture, and bake bake bake.  Use it on the support beams under the stadium and also for the stairs on the main concourse.  You'll get good looking shadows and it will make it look 10X better than one solid texture.

• Upvote 2