Blender 2.49b Portable - Default OgreXmlConverter.exe Location

Helen Weales

Question

Does anyone know how to permanently change the default export OgreXmlConverter.exe location in the portable version of Blender 2.49b? Every time I reopen Blender the location of the converter reverts back to "d:\ror 800\Tools\OgreCommandLineTools\OgreXmlConverter.exe", which does not exist on my machine. It's not a huge issue to change it every time, but is somewhat annoying.

Edit: I have managed to find what keeps linking the OGRE exporter to the default (incorrect) address. It's very simple -- it is the file "OgrePackage.cfg" which is located in Blender\Data\settings\.blender\scripts\bpydata\config. Open it with a text editor and insert the correct location for OgreXmlConverter.exe!

2 answers to this question

You could try to open a new blender window and manually change it to the rigs of rods folder xml converter. Click ok at the bottom of the window that you changed it in.

Then, quit out of the export window and hit Ctrl + U and save the user defaults. 

In theory, that should change it and keep it that way every time you open Blender.

Sorry if I doesn't work. It's all I can think of.