New League Format Concept: What do you think?

Greeny

I have always been in and out of this community for years. It takes a lot of time, effort, and commitment to be fully involved (buliding mods, running leagues, etc.). Point being, I had an idea for a league format that may alleviate some of crap that nobody likes and make for more entertainment, yay!

What if ..

- people sign up in pairs

- each pair is assigned a day of the week, RACE DAY

- race day arrives, player A and player B meet online

- they each have a qualifying run

- they race and submit the results/times to league

- the league will then assign race days to INDIVIDUALS who have advanced past the first round

- qualifying times will be used for fast loser, if needed

- they each have a freestyle run

- use something like fraps to film each freestyle

- submit footage for judging

It eliminates the hassle of trying to co-ordinate 30 different people's schedules so that they can all meet on the SAME night, at the SAME time. It's not easy. I really miss being able to run leagues. It's great fun, but it can be very hard to make yourself available for it.

As for the people that DO make themselves consistently available for league administration.. they deserve a bloody break from all the organization that is required lol.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

Hope it isn't a dud,

Greeny.

Everybody will be paired off with a competitor, but you are right. Players could definitely agree to allow each other to take the time to execute a perfect freestyle. Not sure there could be much done could do to prevent that. Maybe live in reality? Kidding, but seriously. I think it would still be a good time even if everybody rigged(no pun intended) their freestyle.