It's time for a change

acdcfan56

I started with photoshop. But went to paint.net since it expired. I'd probably try photoshop again later in time.

To the rest of you, going, "I can't make trucks as good as you, or I can't model bodies as nice as sheets, etc," 3 of us just stated it took us 3-4 years to get where we are now, and that's from starting from scratch. That and we all started off with mediocre models and paint when we first started. I want you guys to not get discouraged. Use one for the top content creators projects as your goal to get to. Not something you can't do.

I started with photoshop. But went to paint.net since it expired. I'd probably try photoshop again later in time.

To the rest of you, going, "I can't make trucks as good as you, or I can't model bodies as nice as sheets, etc," 3 of us just stated it took us 3-4 years to get where we are now, and that's from starting from scratch. That and we all started off with mediocre models and paint when we first started. I want you guys to not get discouraged. Use one for the top content creators projects as your goal to get to. Not something you can't do.

Wait ... You do all that paint work in paint.net??

All of my paints and such are done in paint.net as well.

They're obviously nowhere near the quality of Johan and others, but it's a good program to use if you don't want to shell out money (or torrent) for Photoshop.

Welp i started here as "Wolo" in 2011 (some ofyou already know the story) 

7b0946e211.png

I worked on a desktop computer my family owned, it ran on Windows XP, i remember very well how i started making skins and tracks, the first thing i attempted to make were trucks, obiously kid didn't knew how to make stuff, i started swaping tires like Johan. Since that i discovered i could change the paints and that kind of stuff, so i started making useless post here, then i got banned :)

I started making stuff away from Sim Monsters knowing i wasn't getting un-banned, so that's how the "Wolo Pack" came along, i started "Photocroping" some stuff and also trying to make my own trucks. When i started i remember using an online pooty version of Photoshop and then switching to a very outdated version that the computer had installed.

Since i was desperate i made a new account the one i called "Korno" it lasted like a week and then i got banned again.

d745f856d7.png

After that i was tired and decited to wait some time.

In the period of time i was banned as Korno and to the one i made the Coconutmen account, i started experimenting, with OgreXML Conventer & ROR even Photoshop.

And then that's when i created this account, started making tracks and also moved to my mothers laptop since i didn't knew why blender could'nt run on the desktop computer and it ran her computer, that's when this was posted:

Myfirsttrackinblendertexture-1.jpg

Yes, this is my first track EVER on Blender.

More of my first tracks:

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/topic/2174-show-your-projects-chapter-11/?p=27116

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/topic/2174-show-your-projects-chapter-11/?p=26933
http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/topic/2462-show-your-projects-chapter-12/?p=29532

Then i somehow learned to put them ingame and then got a new computer.

screenshot_38.jpg

So, if i have to say anything to the ones that are starting to make content, don't be afraid to experiment and mess around, use the resources you have to get the best you can, even if you have pooty computer or don't know how to make stuff as others, try it your way, try someones else way, or a tutorial way, and then mix those and make your own way.

Also never be afraid to talking to people who make content and ask questions to them on AIM, Skype or even TeamSpeak, some migth be *ssh*les but some are some good kind people and will 100% help you. I say this because without talking to people such as Klayton, Mark Colineri, Johan, Tharindu, and others i wouldn't be able to make stuff i make today.

Also after sometime we have our own tutorial section here on Sim Monsters! You can go check that out, some are written or other are narrated with video, both are usefull.

I would love to make tutorials but since my main language is spanish and not english, my english isn't 100% good as some would like (Also i don't have a very good Microphone / Headseat / Recording tools).

And a little advice, DON'T spam the "Help and Support" section with your doubts, first search for help or a tutorial and then if you aren't able to solve your doubt, problem etcetera, go ahead and post.

Note: the programs i use are Photoshop CS5 and Paint.net

Hey. Mr. P.P. If you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing please.

Well said Mr. ac/dc. I'm a total floater with this game, I'll admit that. Since the jump from MTM2 to RoR, I have contributed nothing. Before the change, I was getting good with BinEdit and PSP 7 for MTM2 modding. I have very slowly started to get a grasp of Blender and plan to use PSP 7 for modding this game. Started some truck repaints, but tracks are really what I want to get the hang of first.

Is there a common version of blender that everyone uses around here? I'm running v2.49.

Just started incompetently dabbling in blender the last two weeks or so, I'm going to keep trying.

Green.

Personally I would love to get a painting tutorial on some higher level work, I seem to have a hard time conveying shadows and things like that in my paints, thats really the only thing holding me back at this point in at least attempting to make more stuff than I have done so far.