Dalton Millican has passed away

Jose Garcia

Waking up to this was hard to believe... Dalton Millican driver of the Blue Thunder has passed away in a single motorcycle accident. Rest easy Dalton. Gone too soon.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/dalton-millican-monster-jam-killed-nhra-clay-millican-son-081315

http://www.monsterjam.com/News/2015/08/13/1/

Dalton Millican, the 22-year-old son of NHRA Top Fuel racer Clay Millican, was killed in a single-person motorcycle accident on Wednesday night.

The family released the following statement Thursday morning:

Family, Friends & Fans – It is with extremely heavy hearts that we let you know that late last night we lost our beloved son, Dalton Millican, age 22, in a single-person motorcycle accident close to our hometown of Drummonds, Tenn. We are heartbroken by the tragic loss to our family. We appreciate all of your love and support as we navigate through the very difficult road ahead. Funeral arrangements are pending and we will announce those once they have been finalized. We ask for your continued love and prayers and privacy at this time. – Clay, Donna and Cale Millican

Clay Millican, 49, currently sits 11th in the NHRA Mello Yello Top Fuel standings. Dalton was one of his and wife Donna’s two sons.

Coming from a racing family, Dalton had joined the racing world himself, competing in ATVs and also owning and driving Blue Thunder in the Monster Jam series:

restDalton_zpsy6qllbly.png

• Upvote 3

I am without words, I have had the privilege of meeting Dalton this year in Vegas. Spoke with him for quite awhile but I remember asking him about how he felt he was progressing as he got more seat time, He said he was just starting to feel like a part of the truck a couple weeks before Vegas and was excited for next year. RIP Dalton

• Upvote 6

https://instagram.com/p/6Yfw0mje68/

Coty Saucier shared this gem today. Honestly if anyone asks what best shows who Dalton was, it's this right here

That and this

I still can't comprehend this or put it into words how I feel, it's just such a huge tragedy to this industry, and from what I see on Facebook, his entire local community.

That and this

I still can't comprehend this or put it into words how I feel, it's just such a huge tragedy to this industry, and from what I see on Facebook, his entire local community.

He looked a lot hell of fun to hang around with. It just sucks that he passed at a young age.. Still shocking to me honestly especially seeing the pics he posts of his motorcycle on Instagram.