New Desktop

monsterjamtv

Before you freak of I would like to say I didn't know where to put this post so I posted it here.

I will be getting a new computer because mine current Laptop is a piece of crap. For my new one I want to be able to play Rigs of Rods with high frames. I cant exactly afford a laptop with an i7 but i could get an i5. Does anyone know what brands are good quality and what graphics card would be good enough to play. Now I don't need to have the top/best of the line gaming PC but something that is good enough to record while playing with. 

The reason i'm asking this question on here is because I have heard brands such as ASUS act up with Rigs of Rods.

My Budget: $500 

Before you freak of I would like to say I didn't know where to put this post so I posted it here.

I will be getting a new computer because mine current Laptop is a piece of crap. For my new one I want to be able to play Rigs of Rods with high frames. I cant exactly afford a laptop with an i7 but i could get an i5. Does anyone know what brands are good quality and what graphics card would be good enough to play. Now I don't need to have the top/best of the line gaming PC but something that is good enough to record while playing with. 

The reason i'm asking this question on here is because I have heard brands such as ASUS act up with Rigs of Rods.

My Budget: $500 

The Brand has nothing to do with it, they all use the same parts to an extent. But dont call a laptop a "desktop"  this is a Desktop -> 2508797.jpg

I didn't realize I said laptop. What I was wondering is if a computer with 4gb of ram, i5, and a intel 5500 graphics card (i think) would run nicely. 

To put it quite bluntly, no. You want a dedicated graphics card not the onboard chipset if you want to get any kind of decent performance, a good strategy is usually to read ratings and reviews for what you're looking at in your price range.

To put it quite bluntly, no. You want a dedicated graphics card not the onboard chipset if you want to get any kind of decent performance, a good strategy is usually to read ratings and reviews for what you're looking at in your price range.

I have an i5 2500k, had to rma my gpu, Counter-Strike: Source got 100fps without it, 1000fps with it....