Removing the driver ?

YoungCarter765

Question

Yo fellow monsters, let me start off by stating I'm severely impressed with the direction all the new trucks have gone with the level of detail. Like I noticed the new Razin Kane truck has puke tubes running from the headers, I dig that a lot. Kudos to you designers.

The driver models that sit in the seats are cool for visuals, however, I don't really care for them because a lot of times I like to ride from the inside to make it more immersive but the shield on the helmet of the model blocks the inside camera so I have to choose a different truck, or camera. Which sucks because I love to check out the newest trucks that are released, inside and out, and a lot of times I end up using them quite often. So instead of picking a different truck or camera, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the driver model, or is the model tied in with the seat model as well? 

It's not a great big deal or anything, I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

The driver model is attached the to the chassis mesh all together. The only way to get rid of the driver is to get rid of the chassis line in the truck file, which kinda defeats the point of detail in the trucks :P.

So basically, there is no way to remove just the driver model, without re-exporting a new chassis mesh. Hope this helps!

You can always reposition the camera for the "roosterpit" for the trucks. I forget exactly where it is in the .truck file, but there are a few numbers that if changed, will move the camera forward/back or up/down. A lot of guy use them for roof cameras.

You might be able to move it firward infront of the visor. The field of view might not be all that great, but you'll be able to see.