SSRS 2015 Play-Off E4: Saturday, August 29th, 2015: 4Corners Coliseum

DannyMackey

pvVt0kI.png

125 days ago SSRS made its return in Philadelphia, PA for the first Preseason event of 2015, and the first event since mid 2014, since April the league has moved through 17 stadium shows with 49 total competitors.  The season has brought out some great competition in all three competitions.  The Preseason left guys like Joshua Micks, Will Meyer, and Aaron Lurie atop the heat.  While only picking up a total of 4 wins all season long, Aaron has proven his abilities through consistency and a strong performance every week out.  As the season went on, Aaron Lurie was the only one to remain in the Top 3, now alongside Johan Seminario going into the Play-Off Series.  

Johan's season didn't really get going until midway into the Regular Season, being plagued consistently with underperformance for his abilities.  However, since a freestyle win in Oakland, he has reemerged to be the top tier driver he's proven himself to be before.  While only getting 1 win through to the Play-Off Series, Johan has set an unprecedented and never to be repeated feat of two straight Double Downs to start the Play-Off Series.  Determined to comeback strong from an Overall Points Championship two years ago in a league that was once his own, he has dominated against his competitors, averaging 90.7 points per event, 18.7 points more then Aaron Lurie, who sits 56 points behind going into the last event of the year.  

While an Overall and Racing Points Championships may be more than likely in Johan's grasps, freestyle will be decided in 4Corners Coliseum, just as it was in 2013.  This time with a bit of a roll-reversal, as Julio Vellon Jr. sits just 1 point behind Johan in the points chase.  Leaving it up to anyone to win the title, Saturday's action should be the best SSRS has to offer.

MAJOR NOTICE CONCERNING ALL COMPETITORS!

WE WILL BE HOSTING THE EVENT CHAT ON TEAMSPEAK!  BE SURE TO HAVE TEAMSPEAK 3 INSTALLED FOR THE EVENT!  A MICROPHONE IS NOT REQUIRED!

AIM WILL STILL BE USED FOR QUALIFYING!

Track: 4Corners Coliseum 2015 by Danny Mackey

Track X:
Racing Course:

Event Times:
  • Qualifying:
    • Opens: Saturday, August 29th, 2015 @ 5:00 est/4:00 cst
    • Closes: Saturday, August 29th, 2015 @ 7:30 est/6:30 cst
  • Event:
    • Teamspeak Chat Opens: Saturday, August 29th, 2015 @ 7:45 est/5:45 cst
    • Driver’s Meetings: Starts once 24 drivers are present
    • Racing and Freestyle: Starts shortly thereafter
    • Field size is the Top 24 Qualifiers, anyone slower is a fill-in.
    • All 24 race, all 24 freestyle.

Be sure that you are aware of the rules in our Rulebook before racing.  If you have any questions about the Rulebook, message an official on AIM or Sim-Monsters PM and we will respond as soon as possible.

Rulebook:

2015 Play-Off Series Points:

Qualifying Results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pMmYW4HxLrh-zLJvtXijGhhn8TRky2N8pW2An3bdQHY/edit#gid=869849446

Event Results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pMmYW4HxLrh-zLJvtXijGhhn8TRky2N8pW2An3bdQHY/edit#gid=352395417

Red - Racing Competitor
Purple - Non-Play-Off Competitor
Blue - Freestyle Competitor

Any driver that is not of the Top 16 is eligible to qualify for this event, but will not be running for points.  This allows for anyone that is already signed-up for the league and is of any rank.  You may qualify during the same session as everyone in the Top 16, but will be of a lower priority if needed.

Track is now available!

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/2004-4corners-coliseum-2015/

Track X:

3d2857ced4.png

Qualifying is now open!

Message summerstadiumracingseries to qualify!

Full results can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pMmYW4HxLrh-zLJvtXijGhhn8TRky2N8pW2An3bdQHY/edit#gid=869849446

QUALIFYING WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 8:00 est/7:00 cst!

f5727bf521.jpg

Now that's how you end a league. Congrats to Johan for the racing and over-all points title, and Julio for finally getting his freestyle title. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has helped Danny out since season 1. SSRS has definitely been one of the premier leagues to be a part of, and I'm very thankful for everyone who has put time and effort into making this the best league that it could possibly be.

• Upvote 6

desyak4u0yj7vzvzg.jpg

i must say i have never had more fun competing in a league as i did in ssrs the events were ran great and i had a blast at every event im happy to say that this league is the league i had most of my best moments winning my first ssrs freestyle but im honored i was in this and i wanted to say thank you for all of it danny

Edited by mrgravedigger23

I've only competed in 7 events throughout the season, and only got an obstacle course win, but man were those events fun. I would like to thank Danny Mackey, Johan Seminario, Tharindu Don, John Dough, Devin Doss, Aaron Lurie, Joshua Micks, Jack Merkle, Fernando Martinez, Dalton Widner, Jon Cannon and Julio Vellon Jr. for making this a phenomenal season for me. Another Big thanks to my team mates, Michael Alford, Daniel Simon, and Colt Durham, y'all did an amazing job this season, and hope to compete with y'all again very soon. Didn't do well last night cause I was still getting use to my new G27 Wheel, but it worked very well overall. Thank you guys for making the last SSRS event ever a one to remember. Thank you guys so much, and I'll see you next time!

• 11 months later...