Show Your Projects Chapter 45

acdcfan56

Since the other thread is locked, I'm gonna post my thoughts on Fern's FS1 trucks. 

1. No disrespect to Gabe, but I'm pretty sure he used the smaller V4 flags as opposed to the updated and bigger flags like on Equalizer 2014. The Superstore has new pictures of the flags to use, but for realism we should use the newer flag model. Also the flag shouldn't be on an angle but more straight up.
  2. Sponsor Panels are important! I see too many replicas with out them and it's a bummer when they don't
  3. Good job on the Stone Crusher with the different rims, but I think the red should be a little bit darker

Not sure if things were placeholders or you were in the process of working on them but they all look really good and I can't wait for the final product!

1. No disrespect to Gabe, but I'm pretty sure he used the smaller V4 flags as opposed to the updated and bigger flags like on Equalizer 2014. The Superstore has new pictures of the flags to use, but for realism we should use the newer flag model. Also the flag shouldn't be on an angle but more straight up.
  2. Sponsor Panels are important! I see too many replicas with out them and it's a bummer when they don't

1. It's all good man. I completely remade the flags based on the scale of one of the V4 ones because I felt the Equalizer one was too big. Guess I should've done more research on that. I remade them only because I didn't like how most flags warped/spazzed out unrealistically. Instead of duplicating and flipping the other side of the flag, I duplicated it and flipped the texture so the verts aligned on both sides.

2. I agree. It's like the one missing thing on many replicas in my opinion. And please, to those making a FELD replica don't use the V4 sponsor plate image. It's old and pixilated and bad. Just take a few minutes, bake it and find the sponsor logos and make it yourself. The end result is much better. I'll help if you would like, just shoot me a PM. (Or use it, it's your truck. Just my two cents)

All done! Sway bars are all positioned, axles are aligned correctly, and shocks are set up correctly. Just need to get this thing tested and it good to go! Enjoy!

Might want to tone down the spec-map on that, it looks too much like chrome and blue chrome. Other than that, looks great.