Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

What new trucks do you guys think will be coming for 2016? My prediction...

-snip-

(In case if you can't see the photo, it's Sonic the Hedgehog)

This blue blur's 25th Anniversary is coming up, and Donkey Kong was so damn popular. Why can't FELD do it again for SEGA?

Also, I'm so glad I didn't go to Philadelphia for Monster Jam, and you already know why. (In case if you don't, they had RONALD MCDONALD there, which made a small portion of the event crappy).

Honestly if they tried to do a Sonic one, they'd just name it, HEDGEHOG and make it regular.

Because Dragon and Zombie were that way I believe but they just gave them the regular names like Zombie and Dragon

Or I can be 100% wrong and stupid.

Another Stinger truck? I'm assuming they're expanding the team? I mean the current truck isn't even 2 years old. 

I sure hope they don't make a Sonic truck. It would be a god awfulawful 3D body and the Sonic franchise seems like a joke at this point. And so what if Ronald McDonald was there? That sounds like someone saying they didn't go to a show because they had FMX which they don't like.

Yes that is going to be Stinger, his other truck is going to be renamed to something else. That is from zane on facebook. Also his current truck is getting the cage redone, and other bars replaced. His backflip did some pretty nasty damage.

What new trucks do you guys think will be coming for 2016? My prediction...

(In case if you can't see the photo, it's Sonic the Hedgehog)

This blue blur's 25th Anniversary is coming up, and Donkey Kong was so damn popular. Why can't FELD do it again for SEGA?

Also, I'm so glad I didn't go to Philadelphia for Monster Jam, and you already know why. (In case if you don't, they had RONALD MCDONALD there, which made a small portion of the event crappy).

Edited by Charlie H.
  • Upvote 10

Apparently Koehler & co. is disassembling the original Brutus chassis and they're building a new one, probably for Rummel.

They're taking whatever good parts are left on it and throwing it on Cory's new truck (which he is designing and building himself with Jimmy financing it), and the chassis itself is getting scrapped because it's probably one of the most patched-up, abused frames in all of monster truck racing today (besides Wrecking Crew).

They're taking whatever good parts are left on it and throwing it on Cory's new truck (which he is designing and building himself with Jimmy financing it), and the chassis itself is getting scrapped because it's probably one of the most patched-up, abused frames in all of monster truck racing today (besides Wrecking Crew).

What chassis was RAGE on?

What chassis was RAGE on?

It was on the original Brutus chassis (Spike this first quarter). Cory showed me a couple photos of the new chassis build and I'll be very interested to see the completed piece. Considering how stout Koehler's piece is you could probably drop the new truck out of a plane and it'd hold up.

• Upvote 1

If they do make a Sonic truck, IT BETTER NOT BE SONIC BOOM. THAT GAME IS A PIECE OF CRAP (Rise of Lyric not Shattered Crystal. SC was actually pretty good).

Also, whatever happened to Chad Tingler? We haven't seen him in months. Did he get the boot?

If they do make a Sonic truck, IT BETTER NOT BE SONIC BOOM. THAT GAME IS A PIECE OF CRAP (Rise of Lyric not Shattered Crystal. SC was actually pretty good).

Also, whatever happened to Chad Tingler? We haven't seen him in months. Did he get the boot?

http://www.monsterjam.com/Events/2015/10/24/Perth,_Australia/ He's driving Zombie in a few weeks

Edited by John Dough

He was still driving Digger in April, so I would assume we'll still see him this first quarter.