Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

We all knew it was coming, but deep down we wished it wasn't so, but it is.
In 2016 the Pontiac Silverdome, for what many believe to be the birthplace of monster trucks as a spectator events, will be demolished

http://www.wxyz.com/news/silverdome-scheduled-to-be-demolished-in-spring-2016-future-plans-for-the-site-to-be-unveiled

I mean, the property is just a mess right now, and it would take an investor with a large pocket or a some increased taxes to return it to what it was. On the bright side, the Silverdome did survive an extra 10 years than what we thought.

We all knew it was coming, but deep down we wished it wasn't so, but it is.
In 2016 the Pontiac Silverdome, for what many believe to be the birthplace of monster trucks as a spectator events, will be demolished

http://www.wxyz.com/news/silverdome-scheduled-to-be-demolished-in-spring-2016-future-plans-for-the-site-to-be-unveiled

(0:10 to the end of the vid is how I feel about hearing that news)

Monster truck events have been happening in the Silverdome since the 1980's, and seeing it go down after all of those awesome shows is just heartbreaking.

My favorite event personally had to be in 2010. It was one of those very rare times where Allen Pezo's ENTIRE TEAM was together for an event.

Ummm they didnt have a event in the Pontiac Silverdome 2010.. The last event was 06 if I remember correctly...

They had two events in 2010

First one had a ton of trucks including the re-debut of Michigan Ice Monster, Eric Tack returning in Bigfoot, and Pezo bringing back the retro Predator

Second one was much much smaller only notable is that it was one of Ben Winslow's first events in Bounty Hunter

Both of them are on TMBTV

• Upvote 1