Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Monster Jam added this! Excited that there going to the Prudential Center this year... Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Jon Zimmer, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, Higher Education driven by Jim Tracey, Black Stallion driven by Matt Cody, Instigator driven by Paul Breaud, Backdraft driven by TBA, Bad News Travels Fast driven by Brandon Derrow, Saigon Shaker driven by Ryan Disharoon, and more TBA subject to change with out notice  http://www.monsterjam.com/Events/2016/01/23/Newark,_NJ/

Monster Jam added this! Excited that there going to the Prudential Center this year... Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Jon Zimmer, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, Higher Education driven by Jim Tracey, Black Stallion driven by Matt Cody, Instigator driven by Paul Breaud, Backdraft driven by TBA, Bad News Travels Fast driven by Brandon Derrow, Saigon Shaker driven by Ryan Disharoon, and more TBA subject to change with out notice  http://www.monsterjam.com/Events/2016/01/23/Newark,_NJ/

I thought Crusher was gone. Read some stuff on Mayhem about FELD wanting to stop leasing trucks (like Pablo's and Randy's Diggers) but maybe not. Can Payne get into anything illegal by copying FELD trucks? Even if it isn't the name, it's the likeliness, and I've seen some pretty big companies get sued over using a person's likeliness (EA Sports got sued over using NCAA player's likeliness and the players weren't being paid or anything)

Edited by TheTruckGuy

I thought Crusher was gone. Read some stuff on Mayhem about FELD wanting to stop leasing trucks (like Pablo's and Randy's Diggers) but maybe not. Can Payne get into anything illegal by copying FELD trucks? Even if it isn't the name, it's the likeliness, and I've seen some pretty big companies get sued over using a person's likeliness (EA Sports got sued over using NCAA player's likeliness and the players weren't being paid or anything)

1: Porter's truck wasn't leased it's owned flat and right by FELD, and as for Pablo that may change since he's the only one that runs a Racesource

2: Payne was able to get away with Identity Theft, he knows how far he can push his luck without crossing a legal line

They FINALLY added the Glendale lineup and i couldnt be more excited! DENNIS ANDERSON IS RETURNING FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2009!

Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Dennis Anderson, Max-D® driven by Neil Elliott, El Toro Loco® driven by Chuck Werner, Metal Mulisha driven by Todd LeDuc, El Diablo™ driven by Lupe Soza, Madusa, FS1 Cleatus driven by Frank Krmel, Time Fly's driven by Kelvin Ramer, Wild Flower driven by Rosalee Ramer, Obsessed driven by Rick Swanson, Obsession driven by Eric Swanson, Raminator driven by TBA, Felon driven by Mark Schroeder, McGruff driven by Rod Wood, and more TBA!
Subject to change without notice

Edited by Robertson Racing

Can Payne get into anything illegal by copying FELD trucks? Even if it isn't the name, it's the likeliness, and I've seen some pretty big companies get sued over using a person's likeliness (EA Sports got sued over using NCAA player's likeliness and the players weren't being paid or anything)

Nope since lawyers were involved right from the get go with Identity Theft (this is why the truck debuted as Rage in a Cage since the original scheme was deemed too similar to Grave Digger). Payne's parodies are legally allowable.

Edited by Outlawed

Shane Phreed never owned Robo Machine @whoever said he did only drove it Mitch Tulaka owned both Robo Machine and Get Er done just thought i'd say that. Also, are we sure thats a brand new chassis..?? cuz its looks like junk..(Quick's)

Also, are we sure thats a brand new chassis..?? cuz its looks like junk..(Quick's)

It is new ... to him. Sandblast it and powdercoat it and it's good as new, right? I've seen other Concussion chassis with rust. Maybe they're older ones where the deal fell through or they were stored in improper conditions.

Crusher is completely a company truck. Randy's also a fly in now so he's not having to run the rig, maintain the trucks, etc. As for the copying of likenesses, it's probably not worth the headache to them since Monster X is such a small player and Monster Jam pretty much dominates the industry. I do find it funny though that the people that own the right's to the Doom video game are reportedly trying to block the trademark of Doom's Day.

Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Jon Zimmer, Carolina Crusher driven by Gary Porter, Saigon Shaker driven by Ryan Disharoon, Predator driven by Allen Pezo, Prowler driven by TBA, Bad News Travels Fast driven by Brandon Derrow, Instigator driven by Paul Breaud, Backdraft driven by TBA Subject to change without notice.

Knoxville, Tennessee lineup. Not bad, but it's the weekend right after Atlanta so there's no plausible way I'll head to it. Hopefully Chattanooga is somewhat like this and even a bit better since it would be post season.

Shane Phreed never owned Robo Machine @whoever said he did only drove it Mitch Tulaka owned both Robo Machine and Get Er done just thought i'd say that. Also, are we sure thats a brand new chassis..?? cuz its looks like junk..(Quick's)

I thought him and mitch where a joint ownership, my bad.

• Upvote 1

Team Vaters driver Matt Cody is going in for emergency surgery due to serious injuries from a non monster truck related incident earlier this evening. Keep him in your prayers!

Matt just got out of surgery and he's in recovery right now. He's expected to get back to 100% now.