Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Idk about you guys, but so far into the toughest MT tour, they're like MJ right now with the track designs. So far they've been using the same exact track designs all year. Monster X is basically doing the same thing except they switch it up every weekend. I mean, is it that hard to come up with different designs? Because Both FELD and Independents tours both had plenty of time to come up with different designs. At least during the off-season for God sakes!

EDIT: BTW, Joe Sylvester just announced he's driving for Monster Jam again.

3 hours ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Idk about you guys, but so far into the toughest MT tour, they're like MJ right now with the track designs. So far they've been using the same exact track designs all year. Monster X is basically doing the same thing except they switch it up every weekend. I mean, is it that hard to come up with different designs? Because Both FELD and Independents tours both had plenty of time to come up with different designs. At least during the off-season for God sakes!

EDIT: BTW, Joe Sylvester just announced he's driving for Monster Jam again.

I'll play devil's advocate: The amount of dirt and crush cars used is expensive, and for many venues they're in tiny arenas so if they have a design that can deliver a good show then more the merrier. I still believe the stadium track design this year sucks massive donkey balls.  

New Venom truck slated to debut sometime soon:

12376492_1010754818982500_78241858054603

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Agreed. MJ barely even changes the layout of the ramps from one stadium to the next, it's difficult to ignore. They need to change it up a bit like many of the layouts we saw in the 2009-2012 year range (someone mentioned this year rangeas well in the last few pages). Some of the best ever shows came on some more unique tracks. See San Antonio 2011 and San Diego 2009.

4 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

I'll play devil's advocate: The amount of dirt and crush cars used is expensive, and for many venues they're in tiny arenas so if they have a design that can deliver a good show then more the merrier. I still believe the stadium track design this year sucks massive donkey balls.  

I don't see any reason why they couldn't use the same amount of time, cars, vans, buses, dirt that they are currently to construct some more varied layouts. I'm sure a number of us around here could sketch up some pretty sweet blueprints with MJ materials.

Charlotte and World Finals are layouts that I look forward to ever year, simply because they're unique and far better than what we usually see. 

13 minutes ago, JOBryon said:

you know i never understood the body on that truck as "zombie Hunter" But i dig it haha

Pretty sure its because Goats are immune to the apocalypse. As the devil is pictured as a goat. So the only animal left to fight is a goat.