Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Got my tickets for Arlington today. Trucks are already arriving. Saw Max D, El Toro, El Diablo and Metal Mulisha. There was also a 3rd trailer, I'm assuming it's Digger and Cleatus since those are the only other FELD trucks in the lineup.

6 hours ago, Gabe2304 said:

Got my tickets for Arlington today. Trucks are already arriving. Saw Max D, El Toro, El Diablo and Metal Mulisha. There was also a 3rd trailer, I'm assuming it's Digger and Cleatus since those are the only other FELD trucks in the lineup.

They drove a lot over the past couple days.  They all came from Fargo, ND.

Looked at the some lineups, and.....it doesn't look good.

1. Another first time location I'm seeing here; Colorado Springs, Colorado.

2. Monster Jam is headed to MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, New Jersey) on APRIL 23. Boys, if this isn't a typo, we may be screwed. 

Most of us would be outta school, or for those who have a career, summer break, when it comes time for MetLife Stadium, but the fact that it could be happening in April this year is making me nervous.

Just now, litl_e_fan said:

What's the issue with East Rutherford being in April? Sure, it's not part of the Path of Destruction, but it should still be a helluva show. Look at Santa Clara last year.  There's no stadium shows around it on the schedule, so there's no need to save the trucks at all. 

Only thing that could factor is the weather. I'd imagine by then most of winter weather would be gone but mother nature has proven to be a callous mistress before

58 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

2. Monster Jam is headed to MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, New Jersey) on APRIL 23. Boys, if this isn't a typo, we may be screwed. 

Most of us would be outta school, or for those who have a career, summer break, when it comes time for MetLife Stadium, but the fact that it could be happening in April this year is making me nervous.

This is a great date change because I won't be sweating my gonads off when I'm working there.

44 minutes ago, Gabe2304 said:

Also Brandon Vinson will be driving the yellow Zombie truck in Arlington this weekend. I'm assuming he is Madusa's fill in.

Update: Apparently Mohawk Warrior is in Arlington now?

Well... I mean it'd be kinda ridiculous for BJ to go all the way there and not drive anything, so might as well give him another round in MW

Well scratch my thing about Mohawk Warrior earlier, at least I know they didn't put Joe in just for poos and giggles. Still though, you notice how it seems a lot of drivers have been out recently? CVH, Bryce Kenney, Madusa, and BJ Johnson. Maybe I'm just dumb (probably am) but I haven't seen this much of a need for fill ins in a long time