Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

51 minutes ago, Dantesinferno52 said:

Bari might be down but he is not out, he might now have won the series but we(i will be there in spirit for moral support and to drive away the curse of the last couple world finals) certainly will be in the WF or I will have Felds head!

No way Bari isn't in, I mean he didn't finish in the top 4 (IIRC I could be wrong) of the FS1 Championship last year but still got in. No worries for him, if they were gonna put Sean back in Zombie they would've announced him by now anyways 

Bari will most likely be in the WF, considering he is a former YGS Champion & he did finish second in the series so why wouldn't FELD invite him?

Also I don't think chassis type has much to do with the Basls' poor showings. If I recall right, both haven't been big freestylers. Darren did get a televised racing win in 2009 from St. Louis, but a lot of the better drivers at that event had breakages all night. I'm not saying they're bad drivers, but they aren't at the same level of competition that the other drivers are.

Regarding the Groth brothers, you can blame chassis for them. They're both great competitors, and I don't think they'd want to destroy their equipment, although Tyler (I think-the one who drives Zombie) did get an overall event win from Tacoma.

4 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Those Racesource trucks just can't hold a candle to the CRDs in these events, and looking at the West Coast tour standings neither can the Groth Brothers chassis

Was it confirmed that they don't have to pay out of pocket for these events (Basls and Groths I mean)? 

3 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

Bari will most likely be in the WF, considering he is a former YGS Champion & he did finish second in the series so why wouldn't FELD invite him?

Also I don't think chassis type has much to do with the Basls' poor showings. If I recall right, both haven't been big freestylers. Darren did get a televised racing win in 2009 from St. Louis, but a lot of the better drivers at that event had breakages all night. I'm not saying they're bad drivers, but they aren't at the same level of competition that the other drivers are.

Regarding the Groth brothers, you can blame chassis for them. They're both great competitors, and I don't think they'd want to destroy their equipment, although Tyler (I think-the one who drives Zombie) did get an overall event win from Tacoma.

My understanding of the situation was that FELD covers the bodies and they get to run the tours but that is it (could be wrong but judging by how they typically run, nothing was different besides the body).

12 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

I'm not saying they're bad drivers, but they aren't at the same level of competition that the other drivers are.

Those guys can both wheel trucks with the best of them however they've both been a second driver for independently owned trucks most of their time behind the wheel. You give the Basl brother's the greenlight to go for it and I have no doubt they'll turn some heads. They're both very good drivers, it's just a different set of circumstances for those guys. The parts bills for those tours have been astronomical in comparison to season's past with normal events.

Agreed on the MJ website.

They have been slowly announcing one or more competitors per day leading up, started back in mid-February.

Best to keep yourself in the know with the topic on here, 15 pages already so you got lots to read lol