Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

25 minutes ago, John Dough said:

I'm not entirely sure how the business behind it works, but I'm assuming if Feld worked out a deal to run Supercross in those stadiums, then they'd also have one for monster trucks. 

Supercross ran in Rice-Eccles from 2009-2013, and Monster Jam has never ran there, it has always been in the Vivint Center (used to be Energy Solutions). Based on this, I don't think there will be new shows for Monster Jam, but hopefully I'm wrong because I would love to finally have a stadium show in Utah.

2 hours ago, John Dough said:

I'm not entirely sure how the business behind it works, but I'm assuming if Feld worked out a deal to run Supercross in those stadiums, then they'd also have one for monster trucks. 

There have been Supercross events at stadiums before that Monster Jam haven't gone to. Not saying that these places may never get Monster Jam in them, but I'm not saying that they definitely will because of Supercross going there. Supercross caters to a much broader market than Monster Jam does and has a lot larger of a following than Monster Jam, so there may be more demand for it from venues.

And it's probably easier to have a Supercross event in some venues compared to having to bring the trucks in. If a truck breaks, they'd be too big to get through some of the tunnels in these stadiums with the BKT's on. 

5 hours ago, midwestmonster said:

Thunder 4x4 already confirmed on Facebook to be at the Minneapolis show in the Vikings new stadium in December.

I imagine Becky will be there in ETL as well since she is also a Minnesota native

Also Jim Koehler won KOTB in Virginia Beach
13177699_1019225434825927_67434761858620

Paul Breaud and his team of trucks did a show in Barbados this weekend

paul-breaud-in-monster-truck-0509161054-

3 hours ago, Outlawed said:

It was literally posted within 13 seconds of each other, sue me.

Wouldn't be the most frivolous lawsuit in the world

Anyhow as I do what I do when I'm bored I scanned through various lineups and saw that

A: Cyclops is slated to debut next month

B: So are two trucks called Purple Haze and Kamikaze. Any info on either?