Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

1 minute ago, Outlawed said:

David Smith and Pablo both mount the swaybar blocks top side of the main frame rail rather then below the secondary, dunno what the thought process behind it is but I would imagine it is like that for a reason. Either way I am interested to see how Eric performs on a more current style of chassis vs his old one.

I see that now, never noticed it before. Definetly different

I asked Pablo a while ago why he rides the sway bars like that, and he said, " Because the arenas have a tighter course than stadiums do, riding the sways on top of the chassis helps it cut the turns much easier." I've seen him do it before, and he's pretty good when it comes to Arena-Chicago style. Riding with both sway bars on top of the chassis probably gives a better turn-cutting ability like Max-D or other similar chassis.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:04 AM, midwestmonster said:

The judging in Foxboro and at East Rutherford were abysmal.

Uh, yeah.. *clears throat*, watch those runs again, and look closer at their scores. I'm not repeating the same thing I said a fourth time.

9 hours ago, litl_e_fan said:

Morgan Kane's Grave Digger #34. Jon Zimmer is getting #33.

Looks like 30 with the covered roof, Kozak why do they do that? (Asuming you know lel)

Edited by rockgod88

37 minutes ago, rockgod88 said:

Looks like 30 with the covered roof, Kozak why do they do that? (Asuming you know lel)

The covered roof protects the driver if he lands on something that'll go through the top of the cage. Go look at Digger's 'Long Dart' jump from New Orleans and 2003 and you'll know the reason.

1 hour ago, rockgod88 said:

Imagine landing on a crushed car, or a camper, debris can easily come through into the drivers compartment.  Even though there are no campers and hardly any cars used anymore, if someone can find a Fox Sports 1 broadcast of racing from St. Louis last year when Madusa and Monster Mutt rolled they rolled into cars, and if I remember correctly some things came into Dustin's cab.  I see this safety implementation that most trucks are beginning to get and look at NASCAR green houses and wonder hwy they haven't done something similar, a roof to bumper collision can be horrendous to those cars from the looks of it.  

14 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

Lel rip ram, also why is the windsheild cut out? Visabilaty?

Yes, a cutout windshield helps the visibility greatly. The lexan often times is rather difficult to see out of and can also fog up, get very dirty, and scratched up all of which reduce visibility, so by cutting it out, It allows the drivers to see better. 

On 6/30/2016 at 11:14 PM, rockgod88 said:

also why is the windsheild cut out? Visabilaty?

It helps with visibility during muddy events where mud will get caked up outside and inside the windshield, but if it also helps when you don't have the proper cleaner or cleaning tools for it. If you don't use the right type of cleaner on it or the right type of rag/cloth, it'll streak really badly and it'll really mess with the vision of whoever's driving when it's really sunny outside or when the lights are bright at indoor venues. I've used both great and crappy cleaners and rags to clean Lexan, so I can tell you first hand that it'll either be invisible or streaked to the point of no return.