Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

14 hours ago, NavySonicShell said:

The reality is they are under contract with FELD so they will be around, period. As for the lack of tread, FELD wanted, or at least approves of that as there were numerous issues with floors being torn up and pebbles/dirt/small pieces off of cars or anything that may be on the floor being thrown far into the stands with the deeply treaded Ukraine/Eco Work tires. You could even see this change taking part slightly before the BKT's were introduced because the EcoWorks FELD still owned had their tread shaved heavily down to where they were barely treaded anyway. Teams that used Goodyears or other tires weren't allowed to run them if they were heavily cleated for the same reasons. Some people might say it's taking it too far, but honestly it's all in the name of safety.

They could be a bit thicker ply though, that'd be nice.

It is the same reason for the 4 Advance Auto Parts Grinders several years back, sponsorship. I cannot wait for BKT's contract to be up so they can take their toilet paper sidewall tires and never come back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

It is the same reason for the 4 Advance Auto Parts Grinders several years back, sponsorship. I cannot wait for BKT's contract to be up so they can take their toilet paper sidewall tires and never come back.

.....give it 3 years.

Proud to say i had a small hand in helping build Kamikaze :P also BKTs really arent that bad. ive heard more and more drivers saying they like them. I as a crew guy like them because they are nice and light lol the only downside i see anymore is how thin they are but sometimes when a BKT gets cut, the same situation would cut any other tire as well.

9 minutes ago, steiale said:

I think it's Monster Truck Throwdown... but maxdman can confirm/correct

ok i was about to say it has to many vehicles to be a monster jam track but i would much rather it be and hope thats what the stadium tracks would look like for the main tour but i doubt it and they'll just all look the same