Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

4 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

Proud to say i had a small hand in helping build Kamikaze :P also BKTs really arent that bad. ive heard more and more drivers saying they like them. I as a crew guy like them because they are nice and light lol the only downside i see anymore is how thin they are but sometimes when a BKT gets cut, the same situation would cut any other tire as well.

anymore light to shed on Kamikaze? I am assuming it is a KCM chassis...

12 hours ago, Imagine_Dragons_fan said:

Is that monster jam or mtd tour?

10 hours ago, steiale said:

I think it's Monster Truck Throwdown... but maxdman can confirm/correct

IT's actually Monster Events.  Zane Rettew's company.

45 minutes ago, Robertson Racing said:

A little inside info on the Glendale, AZ show on October 8th. Apparently they are doing the show to compete with the All Star Monster Truck Tour who's bringing Bigfoot back to AZ on October 7-9th for the State Fair. Hopefully we get a damn good lineup out of it!

Monster Jam is doing shows later in the years now to try and make it a year round thing.  Hence why the last two years they've put shows in April, May and June, now October.  

Also HUGE changes are coming to FELD before the first quarter.  The Silly Season will be a game of musical chairs.

9 minutes ago, maxdman said:

IT's actually Monster Events.  Zane Rettew's company.

Monster Jam is doing shows later in the years now to try and make it a year round thing.  Hence why the last two years they've put shows in April, May and June, now October.  

Also HUGE changes are coming to FELD before the first quarter.  The Silly Season will be a game of musical chairs.

Well then... Shall we start the 2k17 thread?

2 hours ago, Robertson Racing said:

A little inside info on the Glendale, AZ show on October 8th. Apparently they are doing the show to compete with the All Star Monster Truck Tour who's bringing Bigfoot back to AZ on October 7-9th for the State Fair. Hopefully we get a damn good lineup out of it!

I very seriously doubt they're concerned about a fair show with like 5-6 trucks. It may just have played out that the Cardinals had a bye week or were away that weekend and their stadium is much easier to convert back and forth because the field is completely removable. Is it even an official thing yet? I haven't bothered asking anyone I know if it's absolutely happening. Wouldn't mind working out there though, it looks like a cool stadium.

21 hours ago, Outlawed said:

anymore light to shed on Kamikaze? I am assuming it is a KCM chassis...

Paul built it in Kregs shop so that counts as KCM right? lol its basically a replica of Wicked in every way except for the chassis might be built differently and a few things mounted differently but for the most part its about the same as Wicked

16 hours ago, Dustin Hart AM said:

I very seriously doubt they're concerned about a fair show with like 5-6 trucks. It may just have played out that the Cardinals had a bye week or were away that weekend and their stadium is much easier to convert back and forth because the field is completely removable. Is it even an official thing yet? I haven't bothered asking anyone I know if it's absolutely happening. Wouldn't mind working out there though, it looks like a cool stadium.

Yeah its 100% legit. Tickets go on sale on the 27th.