New Competitor

MasonThompson

Hello. I've been a long time fan of ROR for quite some time now and I'd like to share some info with you all. I've been trying to get a laptop or a computer to compete in ROR For the longest time now. I've been competing in Halo Monster Jam leagues since early 2011 and have gotten sick of trying to even compete anymore. I've known ROR Was the better game since I started competing in HMJ. I also have a couple questions about ROR. First of all, I'm getting a laptop this upcoming weekend from walmart(unfortunately) because my mom has a 25% discount on one single purchase and was wondering if any of those laptops could be capable of holding ROR. Also, I was wondering what packs/trucks I would have to download along with what leagues are still running. Thanks

Welcome Mason! I meant to reply to the direct message you sent me, but never got to it. Any laptop should be able to support RoR with the exception of a Mac. I use a Dell laptop, and with the right configuration settings within RoR, I can run around 60 FPS. As for the packs and trucks, the list of specific mods will be too long to list, so you should plan on downloading a lot of content when you get into competition. WRA is a league that is running now and would be a great start for you. SMRA will start soon, but that is a more complex league and might be challenging for you. Otherwise there are a lot of Fun Runs that come up that also are great for new competitors. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!