Show Your Ego Chapter 46

Sergeant Politeness

1 hour ago, Helen Weales said:

Did you do anything special/different to acheive the metallic blue? It looks really nice.

Fern is one of if not the best spec mappers out there. Nice work buddy! I hate to be that guy, but how's Stone Crusher coming? I thought that one was close to being finished?

On 2/8/2016 at 3:33 PM, Helen Weales said:

Did you do anything special/different to acheive the metallic blue? It looks really nice.

Nothing special other than a regular spec map. Was a bit of a process though.

BU86zlJ.png

This is just the base texture. Base color and everything. "Blue Thunder" is outlined in black to help give it a more silver chrome look. If left as a regular silver, it appears white basically. (in my experience at least)

EvlN875.png

The shine  texture, im sure you are familiar with it. All i did was make the paint a lighter shade of blue and increased the brightness just a hair. Well actually, everything in this texture was brightened. So when the sun hits the truck, this lighter shade will shine and cause that metallic look.

z7mvjfC.png

and lastly the Spec texture.  I just used this for outlining of Blue Thunder. i left the outline as the brightest part to give it the "chrome" affect. I then just heavily darkened everything else. (except for the headlights and MJ logo, totally forgot about those.)

It took me a bit to find the right balance between all 3, but it defiinitely came out the way i anticipated.

I also did it with Edy's Zombie Hunter. ZH was easier due to it just being a basic solid color.

xL5JLbs.png

Basically, Main texture + Lighter Main Texture + Dark Spec Texture.

Hope that helped a bit!

• Upvote 9