- Easier track files

- Hitting escape does not automatically exit your game

- More graphical option

- New terrain file for easier track creating

- No need to clear or regenerate cache

Untrue Things Said About 4.5:

- Trucks Don't Work

- Track conversions will take many hours

Track conversions will take about 10 minutes. Even a very in experienced user could complete one with a quick tutorial. All trucks work and spawn in correctly with all parts as long as the zips are unzipped in the v4 folder. I just want users who have not tried the new version to try it out. If we had a few people work on tracks we could have many converted in just a few days. This version is stable and the newest. There is a reason for a new versions, The newest one is always better.

Note For Haters: I am not spamming the forums. This is my second post. The First one was not as detailed.

Edited by 1029Eric
cause eye huanted two

I'm curious about a couple of things:

1. Are there any truck packs for this version?

2. Where do you put trucks and tracks?

The trucks we have now work perfectly fine, as long as all of the files they use are there. You put them in the vehicle/V4 pack like you would for .37. Terrains go in the terrains folder, like usual. Whether you choose to move on is up to you.

I was planning on making a more detailed thread on this subject, but I'll just post here.

First, trucks are 100% compatible with ALL versions of RoR provided they were written and packaged correctly -- a lot here are NOT even if they claim to be standalone. In my opinion, it's best if everything is standalone and stays in a ZIP -- you will have a much cleaner library using this method.

An interesting (and important) .4.5 note is if a truck is missing files, it will still load whatever it can and let you use the truck rather than giving an error and crashing. That is, I've yet to see an error for a truck.

As for tracks, I have created a conversion tutorial.

The following is a post I made in another thread, and explains why anyone using .37 should switch to (literally) anything else:

I finally got .37 to install -- even though it warned it would remove .39.5, this time it didn't. Some thoughts:

It works, but not well. Performance and graphics are terrible. The GUI is an eyesore, and the menu relying on the mouse only to select content is a pain to navigate. I ran a test using the same truck and track for .37, .39.5, and .4.5.1 using the same graphics settings. Here are the average FPS I got (for a fairly demanding track of mine):

• .37: 73 FPS
  • .39.5: 89 FPS
  • .4.5.1: 125 FPS

This is a massive difference. .37 could not handle parts of the track with high-vert crush cars without dropping to around 50 FPS. While .39.5 and 4.5.1 also slow down, it's not noticeable and doesn't hamper playability. And the truck I'm using only has around 50,000 verts (which is about 100,000 less than some of the newer trucks here).

Appearance-wise things look off (originally made this content for .38+ so this isn't too surprising). However, trucks load correctly proving that if a truck is coded and packaged properly to be completely standalone, it will be compatible with ALL versions or RoR. Older content (like the V4 pack) either has incomplete material files or missing files resulting in errors. Simple as that.

Physics-wise, everything is the same -- even the speed. Some here have mentioned a 10 MPH difference but I'm not getting it. The ONLY difference I feel in the physics is the braking -- my trucks have anti-lock brakes, which do not seem to work in .37 as the trucks stop in a very harsh manner resulting in violent crashes.

In conclusion, .37 is vastly inferior to any newer version in every way. Some have mentioned it's better for online playing, but the performance has to be god-awful because using it in single player mode it quite a chore (and somewhat of an eyesore).

Note For Haters: I am not spamming the forums. This is my second post. The First one was not as detailed.

No totally, thank you for reposting things that you either said already or just learned about like the rest of us over the course of a week and a half.

Locking this thread due to it being redundant.

• Upvote 3