SMRA Season 3 Announcement!

Outlawed

95rct19ndcabxh4zg.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to season 3 of SMRA! For those that are new or have never run SMRA, we are a realistically run, budget based ROR monster truck league. In this league you will drive a truck like in other leagues but in this one the twist is that you are required to keep track of your travel and damage costs! The original concept of this league was from a old monster truck madness 2 league as a way to provide motivation to drive in a realistic manner. Returning members already know how this league operates but even for them. Season 3 will be implementing some drastic changes!

The first large change to announce is that we will be using ROR 0.4.5.1/2! Moving to an updated version of ROR has been a plan of mine since the end of season 2. My intent and hope was to have a brand new truck file to go along with the announcement but unfortunately it is not feasible with where that project currently sits. Here are a few things you will need to know or use for the move from 0.37.

Download link for ROR 0.4.5.1 can be found here!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4c4tf9v0m2evstm/Rigs_of_Rods_v0.4.5.1.exe

There are also a few things that you will need to do to make sure your truck will work correctly:

-Due to the move and not using the base V4 pack as a base directory you will have to make your trucks standalone! This means that you will have to compile all of the necessary mesh and texture files into your zip. You will also  need to add these files to your zip aswell. http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j9cj0lbx1hwz14/Flare+and+White+Wheel+Fix.zip

-There will also be some minor truck file revisions that are going to be mandatory for you to run in the upcoming year. In order for you to be approved to run SMRA you will need to contact me on here and I will add the changes  for you and you will be required to upload your truck on to the site with the revisions or you will not be running. And do not think you can circumvent the changes because if deemed you are running different settings to gain an advantage, you will be found out thanks to changing ROR versions ;)

Announcement number 2 is the schedule/booking system. This year we will be expanding on the system SMRA has in place but simplifying it. Before you picked a tour and the shows you wanted to run. This year you will be signing up between two tours, Stadium and Arena. However this year you will be placed into West/East Conference (similar to how Monster Jam is doing the Amsoil Arena series) by the SMRA staff. Between myself, Danny, Chad and Mark, we will ensure that all 4 lineups are as fair as humanly possible. And in doing so, removes the tedious manner in which the old system was done and also removes spot picking of tours. The actual schedule is being finalized and will be posted soon!

Announcement number 3 is the points system being overhauled to be more competitive. Not that the system it replaces was bad but the disparity between the maximum and minimum point you could earn was 65. With the new system, it will cut the difference by nearly two thirds! The idea behind this is to make the point series closer and more competitive since one bad show will not hurt you as much.

Announcement number 4 is that will be kicking off season 3 the following weekend after the Monster Jam World Finals, March 25-27!

We will most more information as we get closer to our start date!

1 hour ago, Outlawed said:

*Snip*

Hello everyone and welcome to season 3 of SMRA! For those that are new or have never run SMRA, we are a realistically run, budget based ROR monster truck league. In this league you will drive a truck like in other leagues but in this one the twist is that you are required to keep track of your travel and damage costs! The original concept of this league was from a old monster truck madness 2 league as a way to provide motivation to drive in a realistic manner. Returning members already know how this league operates but even for them. Season 3 will be implementing some drastic changes!

The first large change to announce is that we will be using ROR 0.4.5.1/2! Moving to an updated version of ROR has been a plan of mine since the end of season 2. My intent and hope was to have a brand new truck file to go along with the announcement but unfortunately it is not feasible with where that project currently sits. Here are a few things you will need to know or use for the move from 0.37.

Download link for ROR 0.4.5.1 can be found here!
https://github.com/RigsOfRods/rigs-of-rods/releases/download/0.4.5.1/Rigs_of_Rods_v0.4.5.1.exe

There are also a few things that you will need to do to make sure your truck will work correctly:

-Due to the move and not using the base V4 pack as a base directory you will have to make your trucks standalone! This means that you will have to compile all of the necessary mesh and texture files into your zip. You will also  need to add these files to your zip aswell. http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j9cj0lbx1hwz14/Flare+and+White+Wheel+Fix.zip

-There will also be some minor truck file revisions that are going to be mandatory for you to run in the upcoming year. In order for you to be approved to run SMRA you will need to contact me on here and I will add the changes  for you and you will be required to upload your truck on to the site with the revisions or you will not be running. And do not think you can circumvent the changes because if deemed you are running different settings to gain an advantage, you will be found out thanks to changing ROR versions ;)

Announcement number 2 is the schedule/booking system. This year we will be expanding on the system SMRA has in place but simplifying it. Before you picked a tour and the shows you wanted to run. This year you will be signing up between two tours, Stadium and Arena. However this year you will be placed into West/East Conference (similar to how Monster Jam is doing the Amsoil Arena series) by the SMRA staff. Between myself, Danny, Chad and Mark, we will ensure that all 4 lineups are as fair as humanly possible. And in doing so, removes the tedious manner in which the old system was done and also removes spot picking of tours. The actual schedule is being finalized and will be posted soon!

Announcement number 3 is the points system being overhauled to be more competitive. Not that the system it replaces was bad but the disparity between the maximum and minimum point you could earn was 65. With the new system, it will cut the difference by nearly two thirds! The idea behind this is to make the point series closer and more competitive since one bad show will not hurt you as much.

Announcement number 4 is that will be kicking off season 3 the following weekend after the Monster Jam World Finals, March 25-27!

We will most more information as we get closer to our start date!

Kozak, can it be necessary for you to make some imput.maps for us. I use a wheel and I can't figure out how to edit the maps correctly.

21 minutes ago, Wambo said:

It's literally changing a few numbers in the truck file, then moving stuff into a new folder.

The only difference are the tracks, and there are already people working on that.

I got it fixed, I did what you said and it works great now with my wheel! I can't wait to compete in this version.

I'm glad that a league is giving 0.4.5.1 a shot and sometime I will need to have someone help me with getting set up with 0.4.5.1 since well I've never transferred over to a new version in this sort of way. There's just one thing I'm curious about. Every version up till 37.126 was put on the configurator for quick updating. Now they've stopped putting newer updates on the configurator and yet the development team is putting out newer versions of ROR that we have to download seperately which makes me wonder why they ever stop putting newer updates on the configurator?