(Truck) McGruff 2016

Vincent Akard

[TRUCK] McGruff

Name: McGruff

Body:  2010 Ford Super Duty

Chassis: PEI

Links To Help For Paint:  https://www.monsterjam.com/trucks/mcgruff          7787573_G.jpg

Other details: The original body was a 3-D dog body of the McGruff the Crime Dog character and it debuted in 1996. Owner Rod Wood teamed up with the National Crime Prevention Council to develop the McGruff the Crime Dog Monster Jam® truck because he wanted to present a positive role model to Monster Jam fans and to represent the sport with a positive image. Some of Wood’s fondest moments come from his trips to Washington, D.C. to display the truck during the National Crime Prevention Council Convention. The McGruff Monster Jam truck also participates in various local law enforcement displays. Meeting the children and their parents during these displays is always a highlight for Wood and my team, since they value the importance of encouragement, positive role models, pursuing dreams, and a can-do attitude. On owning his own Monster Jam truck, Wood explains, “I have to say, I love the perks of owning my own truck. Along with meeting so many loyal Monster Jam fans around the country, I’ve met many city mayors and the inspirational former US Representative Gabrielle Giffords. Another fond memory for me is when I watched San Francisco 49ers quarterback Joe Montana roar up to one of his autograph signings in my McGruff truck. But meeting each and every Monster Jam fan I possibly can at a Monster Jam show is just as fun for me as the extreme excitement I get from freestyle, racing, and riding wheelies in McGruff.”