Opinions on #MoreMonsterJam

SomthinEvilRacing

I was wondering what everyone else's opinion was on this type of show.  In my area i am close to the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, the DCU center in Worcester, and Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, i had been going to the Dunk for 24 years, never missed a single monster truck show there and last year they started the #MoreMonsterJam series,  i was sooooo bored i couldn't believe it!  Then this year the same series is going to providence again so i decided i was gonna go to Worcester because last year it was a normal "Chicago Style" show, this year its set up just like the #MoreMonsterJam shows, so what i ended up doing was sending an email to Feld explaining my concerns about the style show, and they were very cordial in there response saying they would forward my email to those in charge of the shows.  All i'm basically asking is if anyone else has seen one of these shows, do you agree with what I'm saying, or did you think that it was still a great show?

I think the overall event competition of the #MoreMonsterJam series is mainly what makes it exciting. New track style, new competitions, it's typically a highlight filled weekend. The shows that use this track that aren't part of the #MoreMonsterJam series, now that I can see being a little boring. It honestly comes down to personal preference, what you like to see in an arena show. I personally like it a lot better than the straight-line drag because there's actual work put into the tracks. Whether this format stands the test of time is yet to be revealed, but I'm enjoying it as of yet.

I haven't been to one, but if one came remotely close to me I would make it a point to go. No matter where it is, it looks like the best arena show out there, and its a great way to see and meet the future and up and coming drivers that will lead the way when our favorite veteran drivers aren't around anymore. Many people on here that have gone to these shows have also had the same opinion.

But, if it isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. Not everyone likes the same thing.

• Upvote 1

There is no #MoreMonsterJam tour anymore. It is now called the Amsoil series. 

I think the events are so much better then regular arena events. The track design they use with it always provides big air with sometimes saves and crazy wow factors.

They took a step back when they added flat track chicago racing with no hits this year. The rest of the show is still a large step up in comparison to how old arena shows used to be. That being said, with there being 1-4 shows over the course of the weekend, you cannot expect drivers to wad their trucks up in the first show, regardless if they are independents or company backed.

The whole use of a points system and the added vehicles is what I like the best. I've attended two of these shows, and seeing the same driver on all 3 vehicles is really cool. Plus seeing some of them develop more at Vegas is neat.

At least in the shows I've been to, opinions are very black-and-white. The people I asked said one of either two things:

- "I love how competitive this format is. It's a lot more exciting."

- "The new format sucks. They need to get rid of it;  it's so boring."

I personally really enjoyed the shows. I found myself more interested in who won than in the past four years at least. Hopefully more people come around to it, because I think it's done the sport good as a whole and added more variety to the shows.

Honestly, I've been to three shows with this format, and they are three of the best shows I've ever seen. I couldn't be more in love with the format...

Unless they brought back the obstacle course instead of flat track Chicago style like they introduced this year. Even so, I had a hell of a time at both Louisville events this year.