Carrier Dome Security Vs. Camcorders

1029Eric

Does anyone know a way that I could sneak my Canon R50 past security at the Carrier Dome for Monster Jam in Syracuse? My camcorder is bulky so I am afraid they will find it. The security has metal detectors and they do a search on purses. I bought this camcorder for the purpose of recording Monster Jam and I want to get it in. My mom will be going so I was thinking of putting it in her purse below many things. 

canon_vixia_rf52-550x327.jpg

My Canon Power shot SX520 HS set the  metal detectors in Houston but they let me bring it in because its a camera They don't know it records 1080 HD video lol  But a straight up Video Camera you will have problems Do your recon sit back and watch for the dumbest looking checker person and go for it Or take it back and get a photo camera that records 1080 HD video like the Canon Power shot SX520 HS  Has a massive zoom to

Yeah most stadiums have resorted to metal detectors. Chances of it going un detected is slim.  Soon as they see that they'll know its a video camera and tell you to take it to the car. Like others suggested if it were a normal point and shoot looking camera you'd likely be fine as most stadiums and venues have no issue with point and shoots.