World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

So I'm going to just explain our trip and how we thought of this year's World Finals ... It was the most f$%ked up trip we've ever been through. Our rental car we had attended on using had some transmission problems and had to get another one, which came a day later, which is a day later we attended on hitting the road. The trip took a while going through San Antonio was rough but managed to get through the tough traffic. So when we finally got to the Mirage, they were nice enough to have our room still up for us, but made a mistake and gave us a room with only one king bed. So we had to talk it out for 2 hours to get us another room. This was on the exact day of the Young Guns Shootout. We barely made it on time to watch the Young Guns Intros because of the hotel issues. The Young Guns Shootout was fun and a little surprising at the end when Scott Liddycoat came across the first. The encore was pretty fun to watch, but it was kinda.... Eh. The racing day was much better. Every race had you on on your feet, literally. It became a bummer Ryan couldn't go up against Todd, but Morgan was just as good. Morgan had me on my feet the whole race. Tom's Stunt was pretty cool to watch, but he could've even cleared 7 trucks, he easily cleared 5 trucks like it was nothing. Freestyle was definitely action packed, but it had it's downsides. Over half of the truck lost an axle or flipped. Cole Venard absolutely killed it in his freestyle with 2 wheel drive. I was so glad Bari had a full run, but the score he got was bullsh!t. Same for Dennis, I was so glad he put up an awesome run. My opinion on who won is Adam. People can call me stupid or clueless, but Adam's Regulation was the best of the night and ended it with a Backflip in Bonus. The moment that was a little frightening was when Mikey sky rockets the Evoltion truck straight into the air and face planted. He looked like he was out of air coming out of the truck. I liked the encore very much. It looked boring, but it was pretty awesome. We went back with smiles on our faces. Only way back home, you would not believe what happened. As we were pulling out of Buc-Ees Gas station, some guys told us out left rear tire was going down, and the pulled over before us. about 6 black guys were in the van and as my mom was walking out, they were eyeing her like a bunch of perverts and making very sexual signs. My dad walks out, and sees we have a really bad flat. One of the guys gets out and starts pressing dad to let them help us. He kept refusing and the guy kept being a dick. So he said,"If you don't get f#$k out of here, I'm calling 911 and you're going to be in serious trouble." The guy literally jogged back to the van and sped off. As we called a tow truck, they kept circling around and really eyeing us more, going from interstate to the next road and circling back around. As the tow truck finally came, they stopped and went on the interstate and we never saw them again. As the Tow guy and Dad were changing the tire, we later find those same guys in the van were part of a gang called the Bloods, that broke away from New Orleans after Katrina. And we find out they slashed OUR tire and were following us until we came to a stop, and would rob us at Gun or Knife point. They would have robbed us if my Dad hadn't scared their asses away. So that's our f$%ked up trip to Las Vegas and back. We had fun at the World Finals again, but the trip was absolutely crap.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, maxdfandan555 said:

" About 6 black guys were in the van." Just out of curiosity, why did you feel the need to mention the race of the individuals who harassed you?

Details. The tow guy was black and very, very nice. Forgot to mention that.

Aaand that's why I only go to Monster Jam shows that are close to my town. For me, the trip to MetLife Stadium is never a hassle, and takes less than half an hour to get there. 

Speaking of MetLife Stadium, I'm going again this year, and this time I'm even more excited than last year. The lineup is one of the best ever, and I expect a really good show this year.

• DannyMackey unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...