Korean Situation

bkelly

If you haven't  been monitoring events in Eastern Asia throughout this month, now wouldn't be a bad time to start. The tensions between South and North Korea are increasing a lot, with both sides having their militaries more alert than usual. The South and the US recently held training missions with 305,000 soldiers, and North Korea could see this as a preemptive practice in case of invasion. Also, NK is continuing to test long range missiles and ICBMs and their subs are shadowing the US fleet. And Russia and China are putting troops on their borders with NK, and the US isn't afraid to defend South Korea if the time comes. Post your thoughts on the situation and if war might come into play. 

16 hours ago, Crazyboy335 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It would give us incentive to start making our own stuff!

No, really. This is kinda chilling, my attitudes right now are already in full on Cold War II mode. I';m not going into the red scare ideal, since I understand the threat is outside of the U.S., but the fact that I'm stuck wherever my parents decide to go worries me. As a minor, my job wouldn't be able to fund any sort of escape anywhere should nukes start flying, and I know damn well my family can't afford to haul ass either. So unless a neighbor has a hidden island in the deep southern ocean and he invites everyone on the estate to go there, I'm boned, you're boned, everyone is boned.

I have too many goals in my life to die by the hands of such a pathetic country like NK, but the possibility of it worries me. The only compensation for them doing something that stupid in my eyes is the reality that Kim Jong Poon's gonna get squashed like the god damn bug he is, he's so roostery and unaware that the numbers on his side only make up so much of the population, that nobody is going to miss the place.

Here's hoping my neighbor does have that secret island.

• 3 weeks later...
On March 31, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Hagan Moskau said:

North Korea is kind of a BS country to tell you the truth. They say they have nuclear weapons of mass destruction, but all they probably have is a bunch of old props that Russia or China gave them for some effed up reason.

That would be an epic troll though. 

• Upvote 1