What really bothers me

WSUBandit

Ok so this really bothers me cause fact that some of us has "jobs". But when it comes down to it is when the ones that runs leagues. Have a set time but they cant consider the fact that other people have life and jobs they have to attend to......Yes if the events were held off to that evening i say you would have every driver show up....But when the officials can only run certain times makes it hard on us people that have jobs and cant run......Now that the fact certian trucks that were dubbed illegal now have points in a series that wont be mentioned.......But that fact is now i feel like we need to start over and go with it........If you have a problem with this message me im free most days 

'

To be fair, its impossible to have a league that is set at a time where everyone can run. If that were the case, then you'd be running an event every hour on the hour. And even then, you'd still have people who can't make it.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and accept that you can't run in a league. Its not life-ending. You might really want to run in it, but complaining over it because you can't make it won't help anything. An event or league will not change their rules/times just because it inconveniences one or two people. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Double.D said:

You might really want to run in it, but complaining over it because you can't make it won't help anything. 

He's not complaining. He brought up his point rationally and with common sense, and didn't poke fingers at anyone in particular. It's his opinion.

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

He's not complaining. He brought up his point rationally and with common sense, and didn't poke fingers at anyone in particular. It's his opinion.

I never said he didn't bring it up rationally or with common sense. Complain isn't a word that's strictly for someone whining that they didn't get their way. He had a complaint, therefore he complained.

The main reason most leagues run on weekends is due in part that most of the people running any league either have school or a job if not both. There are other leagues and no one is stopping you from running one yourself, if you want to run in a league that it's guaranteed that you will be able to run at all times then you might as well run it yourself because that's the only way it's going to happen. Can't make an event? Oh well, get over it. It's happened to all of us whether it was intentional or not, not much use in complaining about something out of your control. Forgive me for saying this but if you're so concerned with running in a league then quit your job, but that doesn't make sense at all now does it? You have valid complaints but I feel like a lot of time no one wants to see things from both sides of the picture.

As for saying you're not pointing fingers at anyone you're clearly doing just that by mentioning it here, anyone with half a brain already knows about the problems with SMRA which they're trying to fix, not to mention are largely a reason why we're even on a different version in the first place. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, nothing wrong with that and no one is going to give you a hard time for complaining about something that bothers you. As far as the SMRA thing goes perhaps a reset on the points that voids the first week.

In the past we tried having 2 different leagues so people from other countries outside of North America could race which sort of worked but it didn't last very long. Most everything you can think of doing to get everyone to race in one league at a certain time has been tried, it just simply can't be done. I'd personally love it if we could all race together at a set time but it's been tried and what we have is really the best that it's likely going to get. Let's try and turn this into a discussion to try and actually improve something. B)

TL;DR: If you don't like the league, don't participate in it.

9 hours ago, WSUBandit said:

Ok so this really bothers me cause fact that some of us has "jobs". But when it comes down to it is when the ones that runs leagues. Have a set time but they cant consider the fact that other people have life and jobs they have to attend to......Yes if the events were held off to that evening i say you would have every driver show up....But when the officials can only run certain times makes it hard on us people that have jobs and cant run......Now that the fact certian trucks that were dubbed illegal now have points in a series that wont be mentioned.......But that fact is now i feel like we need to start over and go with it........If you have a problem with this message me im free most days 

'

You have already spoken to me about this twice and I have already gave you my reasoning as to why I am not going to bend the event times to suit one person. SMRA has run at the same time for the past two years, I cannot control peoples lives, school or work schedule. Therefore I have try to pick times that will first and foremost work for the people helping me run the events (Danny and Mark), with 6:30pm est being that almost perfect time where most people are usually home (the key word being "most"). I do the best I can to give everyone the chance to run but I cannot make everyone happy. There are several other people who have bowed out because they just cannot make the events. With that said, nothing is stopping you from running your own evening league if you like.

Secondly I am not going to restart SMRA because of the truck file issues, anyone that has actually used the more realistic suspension setups know full well that they are at a disadvantage to the stock box5 node/beam in racing. This is why I did not run SSRS when they allowed us to tweak the trucks to be like their real life counterparts. Freesyle is a 50/50 with trucks being easier to drive but in the same regard requiring people to overdrive them to make them look like they are out of control. I take full responsibility for not being more proactive with reviewing peoples trucks and confirming their legality, I figured the returning competitors would have understood what stock box5 node beam meant seeing as they have already participated in atleast one other season. So with that said I am personally fixing all of the trucks that are deemed illegal and we will continue forward with SMRA season 3.

• Upvote 1