Model Railroading

maxdfandan555

I had always wanted to build a model railroad layout but I never really got into it. About 3 months ago I finally began working on my layout in my basement. The tabletop is a 4' by 8' plywood board with 1 inch think foam board on top. Some of the track, which is Bachman EZ Track, came with the original set. I had to purchase additional track to fill in around the rest of the table. The set that the track came with is the HO Scale Bachman Throughbred which includes an old Norfolk Southern locomotive and some Norfolk Southern train cars along with a caboose. The layout currently has DC power on it, but I ordered a DCC power pack and controller earlier this week which will allow me to control multiple trains at once. The set is currently a work in progress as you can see from the pictures. I am in the process of filling the outside of the track with ground cover, which is Woodland Scenics brand. Also the big hole in the foam will eventually be a lake.  The interior of the track will feature a road and a town with 6 buildings. Eventually I will finish the landscape off with bushes and trees. Is anyone else in interested in model railroading? It would be nice to collaborate. 

df3e30f4fc.PNG

7f264744d6.PNG

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/3/2016 at 1:58 PM, maxdfandan555 said:

I had always wanted to build a model railroad layout but I never really got into it. About 3 months ago I finally began working on my layout in my basement. The tabletop is a 4' by 8' plywood board with 1 inch think foam board on top. Some of the track, which is Bachman EZ Track, came with the original set. I had to purchase additional track to fill in around the rest of the table. The set that the track came with is the HO Scale Bachman Throughbred which includes an old Norfolk Southern locomotive and some Norfolk Southern train cars along with a caboose. The layout currently has DC power on it, but I ordered a DCC power pack and controller earlier this week which will allow me to control multiple trains at once. The set is currently a work in progress as you can see from the pictures. I am in the process of filling the outside of the track with ground cover, which is Woodland Scenics brand. Also the big hole in the foam will eventually be a lake.  The interior of the track will feature a road and a town with 6 buildings. Eventually I will finish the landscape off with bushes and trees. Is anyone else in interested in model railroading? It would be nice to collaborate. 

df3e30f4fc.PNG

7f264744d6.PNG

i do model railroading to, well i use to but we dont have the money for it and we dont have the room so we nver finishd are procects but i do have 2 realy cool locomotives