Opinion on a few cars

DDT

So just sold my 96 Pathfinder i had sitting in the driveway and looking to buy something a little newer. Going to finance it and looking to stay around $10,000 or less. Currently have a list of about 5 cars or so im actively looking at and was wondering what peoples opinions on them were. I do a lot of my own maintenance when possible so that keeps the cost to maintain them all down a bit.
Theres 2 cars on the list i like that are usually out of my price range but sometimes see one pop up in my price range. All cars im looking at are Manual transmissions.

Usually Out of Price range

2010 Chevy Camaro Base (Always liked them since this generation went into production. See them not to much over what im hoping to budget myself to and sometimes see them right at or right under budget)

2009 Nissan 370Z (Probably favorite car on  the list but very hard to find in my price range without leaving the state)

Cars in my price range

2003-2004 BMW Z4 3.0 (cheapest insurance i have got a quote for and one of the cheaper cars to buy with pretty good millage. also probably second favorite car on the list)

2003-2004 Nissan 350Z (Always liked them and very reliable.)

Infinity G35/early G37 (Infintiy version of the G35 Skyline)

2005-2006 Nissan Xterra (probably my favorite SUV but hold their value even with high millage making it a little harder to find one in my price range that doesnt have 150K+ miles on it.

The Z4 and the 350Z i really like both of and are probably the 2 of the list im really looking at the most since i can  find them easily in my price range but the 350Z cost a little more each month to insure over the Z4

I would imagine the the Nissan/Infinity's would be cheaper to service then the BMW. And as younger person, driving the Z4, 350z/G35 or 37 is basically asking police to bother you. I would float to the Xterra because I am not much of a sportscar kind of person and due to where I live. You on the other hand do not have to worry about winter weather or dirty roads. Go for whatever you want most, just make sure to do your research and find the right car (even if it means waiting longer).

Coming from a guy that recently bought a new 335i for his wife... Stay away from BMW unless you have a decent amount of money just lying around. Service costs are outrageous. 

If i go the Z4 route the maintenance cost would be lower because i do all my own work when possible. The early 2000s Z4s have pretty basic motors without all the computers and sensors on them so its not as complicated as other BMWs. We have a 2008 328i as well so i know when they need work parts cost a little more and oil changes are not cheap. The Xterra i like but the issue with those is you have to jump on them the moment they pop up for sale to get one with decent milage for a good price. Most 2005-2006 Xterras with less then 100K miles is usually $10K or more. Im also not a crazy driver like most teens so im not really worried about police attention especially since most cops in my area are pretty cool.