Monster truck Destruction Drama

Edy

Is this it for ODD Games?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is this it for ODD Games?

2. 2. Do you think Monster Truck Destruction will be removed from Steam?

So aprently, ODD Games, the company responsible for the Monster truck Destruction game just started some beef with the Gaming Youtuber Nerd³.

He made a video about MTD a year ago about how bad MTD was when it was first relased, as we know all the flaws have been fixed. 

In few words, ODD Games has sent an email to Nerd³ saying that if he doesn't remove his video, they will take legal action.

I would like to know your opinions on this situation

Is this it for ODD Games? For monster truck destruction? (Vote on the poll!!)

Original video:

Some videos on the matter:

It's a poor port (say that 5 times fast) of the mobile game. They advertised the PC version as being so much better in aesthetics and performance, but put out absolutely no effort in making it any better than the mobile versions. They're lazy, so I really don't feel sorry for them.

Edited by Jon Cannon

I think the update is actually OK. However, the Steam version has poor reaction time to when you want to steer, and it is really hard to win pretty much anything.

PRO TIP: Save your 74 cents on Steam, and buy the free mobile version instead. Same update, and MUCH BETTER reaction time to steering.

If they're "doomed to die", then all I can say is R.I.P.

"Wow, what a terrible company. Between the massive delays, promises of completion that turned into flat-out lies, and now threatening litigation for "defamation", ODD Games sounds like one trashy group of people."

- Brian Sciro

I completely agree with this quote! And holy crap this was on scarce?!?

I would like to think that they let this blow over. While they're dev team isn't great, they've done some good stuff:

-Made a game that out did Monster Jam

-By doing so they made trucks like Bigfoot and Bearfoot regain some popularity

-They're not trying to drain your wallet either by giving free updates and making much of the game free to play

I just wish that they'd handle this better, because they have a lot of potential.

they've made a reasonable game here on mobile (I only seen it on mobile so I didn't know about a steam version) but the email they send did go a bit to far after all it's someone's opinion on a game. but to a point they are right, it's an outdated video so why have it up IF there is a better version to try. (trying to stay on both sides here)

3 hours ago, cp2013 said:

they've made a reasonable game here on mobile (I only seen it on mobile so I didn't know about a steam version) but the email they send did go a bit to far after all it's someone's opinion on a game. but to a point they are right, it's an outdated video so why have it up IF there is a better version to try. (trying to stay on both sides here)

Watch Total Biscuit's (3rd video) and he explains that pretty well