[Cancelled] Mount Pleasant 2015 Fun Run this Saturday at 7:00 est

Joey 🅱️

Note: This is my first time doing an actual fun run on ROR, so i'm not the best. Don't be too harsh on me.

Mount Pleasant, Michigan was the track for Monster Truck Madness. It was in Soaring Eagle so it was (obviously) outdoors. This was the 6th edition of the Monster Truck Madness.

Only 10 people are allowed to sign up. You are allowed to use Feld trucks, as well as independent trucks (trucks that aren't teamed with Feld) Here's what to put to be in the event:

Name:

Truck:

Link to download:

Track Link:

Only v4s since people are complaining about the non v4s being in it.. Chris Hamilton and Edy Beltran updated trucks are allowed.

Racing Rules:

Bracket is randomized (Yes, I know they did qualifying to determine the brackets, but I decided not to do qualifying). There will be a countdown in every single race. If you red-light, (jump before the countdown ends at GO) you will get an instant disqualification. I will see who wins the races. I will also be looking at if the drivers got off of the line at the right time. If you flip and hit backspace to keep going, it is a DNF. That will be cheating since you might be in the lead, so you can still win.

Freestyle Rules:

Each run will be 1:30 long. If you flip, it's a done (obviously.) Hack/spin saving or hitting backspace will not be allowed for obvious reasons. I will select 2 other judges (as there will be 3 judges in total.) The scores from the judges are out of 10. The total score you could get is 30. Do not complain about the score you get. It was the scores they gave at the actual show (not your score exactly but you get the idea.) RII's are in play here, as well. If I see something that might be considered an RII, I will call it. Do not start your freestyle run until I say go. I will let you know when the time has been started.

Other than that, honestly, have fun at the fun run!

If you think there is a problem with the way I set this up, just tell me and I'll try to do something about it.

couple of problems here, 1. never in the history of events has freestyle time been 1:15, and number 2 i dont know why you wouldnt let the competitors see who they are racing, its not at all what they did at mount pleasant at all, and it shouldnt have to choose 5 stock v4 trucks they can use really what they want  

19 minutes ago, mrgravedigger23 said:

couple of problems here, 1. never in the history of events has freestyle time been 1:15, and number 2 i dont know why you wouldnt let the competitors see who they are racing, its not at all what they did at mount pleasant at all, and it shouldnt have to choose 5 stock v4 trucks they can use really what they want  

You didn't see that I said this was my first fun run? But I think you're right about the 5 v4 and non v4 trucks, so I'll change it.

Blake has the tendency to come off really strong when pointing things out... Folks, this us his first fun run, and if you've ever hosted one, each event in a learning experience, and the first one is no exception. Let him run how he wants to so he can figure out for himself what works, and what doesn't. You're not required to run events EXACTLY like their actual real life counter parts. 

Unfortunately I have plans for Saturday, and can't make it. Good luck with your event! 

2 minutes ago, steiale said:

Blake has the tendency to come off really strong when pointing things out... Folks, this us his first fun run, and if you've ever hosted one, each event in a learning experience, and the first one is no exception. Let him run how he wants to so he can figure out for himself what works, and what doesn't. You're not required to run events EXACTLY like their actual real life counter parts. 

Unfortunately I have plans for Saturday, and can't make it. Good luck with your event! 

Thanks! Honestly hope it goes well.

50 minutes ago, steiale said:

I did see that it was his first fun run, and I don't really mind the whole 1:15 freestyle thing. I just think it's odd that he wants half of us to pick v4's and the other half to choose freely.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aeris Syrius said:

I did see that it was his first fun run, and I don't really mind the whole 1:15 freestyle thing. I just think it's odd that he wants half of us to pick v4's and the other half to choose freely.

I thought the half v4 and non v4 idea was a pretty nice one since nobody has done it before so.

Just now, McMonsterJam said:

I thought the half v4 and non v4 idea was a pretty nice one since nobody has done it before so.

Even though no one has done it before doesn't mean it's always a good idea XD

Since I have been told that v4s suck ty Blake  I'd suggest choosing between freedom of choice (more people may show up, but you have to download their files) or v4 (everyone has it, less laggy, but less people may show up due a non-interesting FoT)