Sim Monsters
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Beardman

Innovation. Revolution. Evolution. #RaisingTheBar

iiwo22cbvdt2xiizg.jpg

Innovation - A new method, idea, product, ect. 

Revolution - A dramatic and wide reaching change in the way something works or is organized or in people's ideas about it.

Evolution - The gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.

These words and their definitions have been the guiding principles of RoR MT Pro since our humble beginnings as a league run through Facebook. From being the first racing only league (and rejuvenating people's interest in racing), to being the first league to attempt to run old school leaf sprung trucks (and showing folks how fun they can be), we've always set ourselves apart by doing what others haven't tried or even thought of doing here on Sim-Monsters. Those innovations sparked a revolution that has pushed us to where we currently are, but now the winds of change are howling once again and they beckon for the next evolution in MTP.

This fall, you will see the debut of the GMTRS (Global Monster Truck Racing Series), a points series that circles the globe and promises to push every competitor to their absolute limit buy taking away the limits of realism. Yes, you read that correctly; realism is taking a backseat to all out, no holds barred, anything goes competition. Not only will you get the wild and challenging race courses you've come to expect from us, but you'll also take part in freestyle competitions unlike anything you've ever seen in any league that's ever run on this site; and yes you also read that correctly too, freestyle is finally making it's debut here in MTP.

Now what do I mean by taking away the limits of realism exactly? Simple, there will be a very minimal amount of rules you'll have to follow as far as the races and and freestyle runs are concerned.

For example, the main rules for racing are as follows: 
Don't jump the start.
Don't one tire the jumps.
Don't cut the course.

Simple enough right? Also one other thing all of you can look forward to is the fact that you will never run on the same racing course twice, as each event will have it's own unique layout; and there will be course layouts that are 100% original, never before seen anywhere else.

Freestyle is much of the same, with the main rules being:
Don't plow into the walls.
Don't land in the stands.

Again, pretty darn simple, and obviously the freestyle courses will be just as unique as the racing layouts. The twist we're throwing into things is that as long as you follow to 2 simple freestyle rules above, you can do whatever your heart desires. Feel like throwing a double backflip? Go for it. Wanna try and go from a moonwalk into a skidmark and ride it out over a bus or into a backflip? Be our guest. The only thing holding you back is your own imagination.

Oh, and there are a few other things to note:
We will be using RoR version 0.4.6, which can be downloaded here-> http://www.mediafire.com/download/642rm1r9a31o94b/Rigs-of-Rods-0.4.6.exe
We will be using custom and repli-custom trucks, no replicas allowed. (I'll post more details about truck specs soon.)
We will be using Discord for event chats, it's easy to setup and use and can be found here-> https://discordapp.com/
(I'll post a link to the server soon.)

Times change, progress never stops, and we all need to be adaptable to survive; this is the new RoR MT Pro, and we plan on taking things to the next level.

#RaisingTheBar 

• Upvote 2

On 7/24/2016 at 5:55 PM, fernBurn said:

will any events be recorded?

this sounds great

I'm gonna try to record some myself, or I might try to find someone willing to not run and be the designated camera guy.