Show Your Projects Chapter 50

Mark Colineri

After countless, numerous chassis rebuilds, with each rebuild getting better with new props and a more realistic chassis, I'd like to finally call her done.

I'm crying inside (not really) because this was actually really fun to make, besides constantly forgetting to press TAB and pressing P while in Object mode, basically crashing Blender.

Here she is!!!

6hUtG1n.png

Differences between Blacksmith 1.0.0 chassis to upcoming 2.0.0:

• Edited chassis to look more realistic to Blacksmith
  • New (old) seat to replicate the interior
  • Seat mount
  • Metal grate floors and battery mounts
  • ALL new props (except for fuelcell), including a V5 engine, transfer case, headers, transmission, radiator, shifter and rear steer switch, and a whole new dashboard.

Soon to come:

• New axles
  • New tires
  • New rims
  • Sponsor plates
  • New body

Blaise gave me some shocks and driveshafts that appeared on the last one, and is also giving me sponsor plates. Big thanks!

Also the body is done as I said before so all this thing really needs is assembly.

tiWtAVo.png

Surprisingly there was a lot of people behind this truck besides just me. <3

• Upvote 1

Make sure you smooth out that body. It looks quite rough. However, the chassis looks very good! I'm glad you are trying to make your trucks better each time you put together a chassis, it really improves the quality of a truck. Blacksmith used to be one of my favorite trucks back in the day, so it's nice to see one being made. Good stuff my dude.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Connor Richardson said:

Make sure you smooth out that body. It looks quite rough. However, the chassis looks very good! I'm glad you are trying to make your trucks better each time you put together a chassis, it really improves the quality of a truck. Blacksmith used to be one of my favorite trucks back in the day, so it's nice to see one being made. Good stuff my dude.

Smoothed it out, so now I just gotta add some new rims and rearrange some props, then done until Blaise can hand over them sponsors. ;)

Thanks for the complements and tips. This is definitely stuff I'm gonna take with me throughout my journey on this site.

spDFxcc.png

E9iOzJ6.png

Yep.... I still got it.... Made the headers myself and made the sponsor plates myself. Went for something rarely used, one side are the actually sponsors and the other are running leagues and some cool stuff I added. Hopefully gets done by next week. Again going for a Grave Digger 32-like set-up.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Hagan Moskau said:

Yep.... I still got it.... Made the headers myself and made the sponsor plates myself. Went for something rarely used, one side are the actually sponsors and the other are running leagues and some cool stuff I added. Hopefully gets done by next week. Again going for a Grave Digger 32-like set-up.

which truck is this gonna be?

1 hour ago, Hagan Moskau said:

I can't wait for what the finished product will look like. The body was fantastic and this chassis has promise. Interesting idea with the sponsor panels. Might use some of these ideas myself on my upcoming customs. 

Rl3UfID.png

H4Kkb2z.png

Some people were asking is what the body looks like on the chassis and requested seeing it. So I'll post it for them to see and all you guys, as well. And for those of you asking if I'll be using the GD32 coil-over shock set-up for this truck. I might, but it's a probably, more than a "yes it will." Also, the paint is getting some tweaking, so it's not done just yet.

• Upvote 4