Racing

SurpriseAssassin

So i was thinking about attempting to join a league but first i wanted to get better at racing. But the problem i have is that well, i suck at it. So i was wondering if anyone could link me a video or something to a detailed walk-through of racing like, when to switch gears or when to use rear steer... I'm trying here...

Typically, racing with a controller or wheel is easier than keyboard, so I would consider at least picking a controller up if you don't have one already. Most turns you can take in second gear, but you might decide that shifting down to first makes the truck easier to control. Really the only time I shift down into first is a funbox turn like in SoCal style racing, just to take the turn a bit tighter. Most of the time after I shift into second, I stay there. 

1 hour ago, Garrett Hanson said:

i recommended downloading the GD 25 pack, there actually really easier to use when racing with them.

Racing styles are generally not associated with trucks. Although the handling may be good, any truck can be used if the driver gets used to it.

13 minutes ago, joshzappy9 said:

Well if any of u are curious to my racing style and could help me out where i need improvements here's a video of me racing: 

Sorry about the quality i had some errors in editing.

especially on world finals 16 zoom in a bit more, also try taking slower corners in practice at first then up ur speed every time you feel comfortable, plus all you can do really is practice  

Racing in manual is usually easier because you have more control over your dedicated speed at parts. For World Finals, I suggest doing what you did. Stay in first until you exit the Alley, then slam into second and ride it all the way until a little bit before the turn. Shift down and ride the turn out, then hit second again and throttle into the finish.

All of this is easier with a controller. For the turn, start with rear steer and about a quarter way through ride it with both rear and front.

All of these are just tips based on my racing style for World Finals tracks, which quite frankly, isn't bad or good. Develop your own style and experiment. And don't give up, practice.

1 hour ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Racing styles are generally not associated with trucks. Although the handling may be good, any truck can be used if the driver gets used to it.

I do appreciate the comment I really do, i'm not really a controller person i'm a all out keyboard person. but thanks for the comment.

1 minute ago, Garrett Hanson said:

I do appreciate the comment I really do, i'm not really a controller person i'm a all out keyboard person. but thanks for the comment.

Trust me, it's a lot easier racing with a controller because it's more like arcade console racing, which is easier to manipulate.

30 minutes ago, joshzappy9 said:

Well if any of u are curious to my racing style and could help me out where i need improvements here's a video of me racing: 

a tip I do is go towards the wall when u brake but not to close, then gas away from the wall and go towards the cars while turning if u want to have a clean pass.

1 hour ago, joshzappy9 said:

You're too choppy in the turns. Just be more smooth on the steering and throttle. 

6 hours ago, joshzappy9 said:

So i was thinking about attempting to join a league but first i wanted to get better at racing. But the problem i have is that well, i suck at it. So i was wondering if anyone could link me a video or something to a detailed walk-through of racing like, when to switch gears or when to use rear steer... I'm trying here...

Controller, practice, practice, practice, 2nd gear as soon as possible, practice, practice, practice, stay in 2nd gear, practice, practice, slower is sometimes faster, dont drift, practice, practice, practice! Simple really ;)

Also, after watching your video, dont slam on the brakes going into corners, locking up your tires only makes it harder to turn because of the loss of traction, tap your brakes, and learn to not slam the throttle all the time either, finness is the name of the game.