Show Your Projects Chapter 51

fernBurn

Just now, Jon Cannon said:

He went through everything that needed to be understood in order to make a track. There's no reason that he needs to make a part two.

Oh my bad, I had saw some people saying that a part 2 was needed.

So then you've got a basic track making tutorial, and a basic truck making tutorial.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Oh my bad, I had saw some people saying that a part 2 was needed.

People just assumed that because Danny had "Part One" in the title. If they actually watch it and figure it out, they will understand that everything needed is in that one video. :P

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Well I decided to take another shot at it but I'm so close to only making stuff that works for me and not releasing it anymore.

Yes the chassis is not done but I just wanted to give a little heads up that I did not kill myself.

will the truck have the same exact handling from the V2 truck or just from scratch?

Just now, Garrett Hanson said:

will the truck have the same exact handling from the V2 truck or just from scratch?

I only extracted the body from the V3 pack. The chassis is from Kozak's pack and the handling is undetermined. Not V3 though. Most likely not V4.

13 hours ago, Chris B said:

Made some progress on this today. Made the dirt/mud darker, probably gonna make a slick version and a dry version. Also put some other stuff in for decor, might make the tunnel smaller tho...

Amazing but do I see Chris on that blue camper?

On 8/19/2016 at 8:14 AM, GDFAN14 said:

Another Project.....

I meant to ask you this sooner but is that a modern or old F-250 body? I had a project idea of making an old Blue Thunder in mind (didn't know if you saw it) and it was an F-250 body, but it was kind of ugly because the 07 game body wasn't all that great.

------BLACKSMITH PROJECT INFO HERE------

Anyway I lost progress on the chassis for Blacksmith the other day so I restarted it and it's done.

I was thinking if I attached the body to the chassis in blender it would make (a. prop placement) and (b. visibility in 0.37) easier to deal with since it's all one part now.

But I'm gathering all of the PNG's now so the textures should be ready within an hour or so.

And this time I saved the blend file BEFORE I exported it so now if I lose progress I can go back! I'm not stupid anymore!

YZ8flmy.png

I did hit CTRL+A before exporting, I'm sure, and I'm gonna use a 0.37 compatible truck file because I was using GMG before, but that may have been part of the problem. No offense Blaise, and sorry for not asking your permission first if it's a big deal.

im almost finished with my track just have to texture the stadium and thanks to nitro psycho for converting a stadium for me, but i still need to figure out how to texture or just leave it untextured, should have something to show next week unless blender starts pissing me off and f*ing up like it always does and plus the stadium is going to have messed up textures and some wrong texture curtousy of blender 

2 minutes ago, Imagine_Dragons_fan said:

im almost finished with my track just have to texture the stadium and thanks to nitro psycho for converting a stadium for me, but i still need to figure out how to texture or just leave it untextured, should have something to show next week unless blender starts pissing me off and f*ing up like it always does and plus the stadium is going to have messed up textures and some wrong texture curtousy of blender 

There is no rush to release anything. Take your time, save often, and make sure everything looks right to your standards before you release it.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

There is no rush to release anything. Take your time, save often, and make sure everything looks right to your standards before you release it.

i am, just want to try and finish it quick so it wont get in the way of school and i need it for something, its not that im rushing and making it half fast its just im not an expert and im bad at stuff like this but i will make sure its not crap and people would want to use it but at the same time its quality over quantity  

1 minute ago, Imagine_Dragons_fan said:

i am, just want to try and finish it quick so it wont get in the way of school and i need it for something, its not that im rushing and making it half fast its just im not an expert and im bad at stuff like this but i will make sure its not crap and people would want to use it but at the same time its quality over quantity  

It doesn't even matter if it gets in the way of school. Take it like a hobby, not a job or a task. Do it when you have time. And I don't care how many people use my stuff (though I like to see how many people downloaded my stuff from time to time), partly why I was close to just dropping release on all projects.

If you want to, wait until you get good and just practice build with stuff you're not gonna release. That's why it took so long for me to start a Grave Digger, because I wanted to get some skills in truck making before I took on a big name.

Just do what you feel is right and you'll have a good looking track in no time.