Hockey Thread

Helvigster

46 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Same goes for the Flyers, but they can make it to the playoffs. They can never make the finals. They always blow it in the playoffs, and it seems like they just get worse every year. Considering they haven't won the cup in over 40 years, I don't think we'll be seeing them celebrating their NHL Stanley Cup victory for a long time.

Flyers are the hometown team where I'm from. I live like 15 minutes from Philly in NJ. Basically all of my friends are Flyers fans. I really think the Flyers have a chance in the future. Between all of their defense prospects and young guys, your defense is shaping up to look really good in the next few years. You have the offensive power too between Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds etc. Only problem with the Flyers offense is consistency. If the top guys were more consistent, and the bottom 6 start getting some more points, I think the Flyers have a shot. That being said, I hate the Flyers haha.

Just now, Tom P. said:

Flyers are the hometown team where I'm from. I live like 15 minutes from Philly in NJ. Basically all of my friends are Flyers fans. I really think the Flyers have a chance in the future. Between all of their defense prospects and young guys, your defense is shaping up to look really good in the next few years. You have the offensive power too between Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds etc. Only problem with the Flyers offense is consistency. If the top guys were more consistent, and the bottom 6 start getting some more points, I think the Flyers have a shot. That being said, I hate the Flyers haha.

I'm from the Philly suburbs so I also have a Flyers background. The offense and defense is good but like you said, they're inconsistent. If they were more consistent they could win more games. Last season they kicked it one game then bombed it another. And that was the pattern for the season and most of the playoffs, until they finally struck out (baseball reference in a hockey thread, deal with it B))

Overall I don't have much hope for the Flyers, but this is from looking at the past, not the present.

Las Vegas is still deciding for a team name... if you guys ask me, Las Vegas shouldn't have a team at all, then again, it's Gary Bettman. He'll put a team wherever the money is. In this case, the money is in Las Vegas.

I still wish Quebec City and/or some other city in Canada would get a franchise, but it isn't gonna happen with Gary Bettman.

I have a list of team names for Las Vegas that I think are alright. Outlaws, Scorpions, Bandits, High Rollers and the Aces.

59 minutes ago, LeMaddog said:

Las Vegas is still deciding for a team name... if you guys ask me, Las Vegas shouldn't have a team at all, then again, it's Gary Bettman. He'll put a team wherever the money is. In this case, the money is in Las Vegas.

I still wish Quebec City and/or some other city in Canada would get a franchise, but it isn't gonna happen with Gary Bettman.

I have a list of team names for Las Vegas that I think are alright. Outlaws, Scorpions, Bandits, High Rollers and the Aces.

The High Rollers. ;)

Eh, Las Vegas has never had a major sports team so I guess this could be a big shot. Although I don't know. The whole idea of Vegas having a hockey team is kind of sketchy.

3 hours ago, Outlawed said:

The Devils

The Devs are a really good team... well, I really do hope they make the playoffs again. They were a powerhouse back in the day. Daneyko, Sykora, Stevens, Arnott, Niedermayer, Broduer... just so many great guys that played on their team when they won the Stanley Cup three times.

4 hours ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

If I was still a Flyers fan then I would have to kindly respond with "I hate you" and officially get banned from the site. But I'm a Blackhawks fan now, so good luck with the Devils. :)

I don't really consider the Devs and the Flyers rivals tbh.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Well when you have relatives like my Aunt Sam and Uncle Joe, you will understand.

I still don't consider them rivals... I don't see any similarity between them, neither do I think they are in the same ballpark (gg)