Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K17 Thread

On 6/25/2017 at 10:27 AM, Pink Guy said:

Attendance honestly hasn't improved much since last year from what I saw (hell I'm positive I saw the seats I got last year were unoccupied). Dunno if it will improve or if that's enough to comp the costs of the show, but a part of me feels that's not a good sign for future shows.

It was more occupied than last year to me. Upper decks of one side were emtpy but 1 side was completely full. 

I really think they should print a "at your own risk" on a ticket

7 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

SPECIAL REPORT: The Double Down Showdown for Monster Jam World Finals XIX will take place along with the Friday activities, including Racing. More information here:

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/news/2018-monster-jam-world-finals

I got every drivers autograph on the Double Down Thursday this year. That was the best day out of the 3. Sad to see that now EVERYONE will see the Showdown and we only get a few hours alone in the pit party and not a whole day.

2 hours ago, JackMProductions said:

Well that makes travel a hell of a lot easier when it comes to taking days off for the trip. That's why I never enjoyed the 3 day concept.

except that you realize they will minimize it to two days, have only competing trucks on display and continually strip all of the extra stuff that made the world finals THE world finals.
Currently fuming over this announcement to the point where I am contemplating even renewing double down tickets.

8 hours ago, Outlawed said:

except that you realize they will minimize it to two days, have only competing trucks on display and continually strip all of the extra stuff that made the world finals THE world finals.
Currently fuming over this announcement to the point where I am contemplating even renewing double down tickets.

I'm guessing FELD is losing money ever since Warner Bro's Circus got shut down, and tickets didn't sell that well this year. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's expensive as hell for FELD to rent Sam Boyd Stadium for 3 days since they're making enormous cut backs. It's kinda why I'm not going to anymore MJ shows till they actually put some effort into these shows. No more World Finals for me.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elias said:

Does anyone else notice that their changing each track so far I mean it's the greatest design but atleast their not the exact same 

They're probably trying to get back fans that lost interest when they changed everything up around 2015. Reintroduce old track designs, bring back cars, etc.

3 hours ago, bkelly said:

They're probably trying to get back fans that lost interest when they changed everything up around 2015. Reintroduce old track designs, bring back cars, etc.

I wish. I hate to be a downer but I doubt thatll happen